Writing a letter to the editor

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
Tennismaster7
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Writing a letter to the editor

Beitrag von Tennismaster7 »

Ich versteh nicht was damit genau gemeint ist, denn bei mir kommt immer eine Art Erörterung heraus ^^
also ich habe es mal versucht der Text ist über den Amoklauf an Schulen.

Sir/Madame
I refer to your article on rampage on the school, which I have read yesterday. I agree with your arguments for a rampage, which you called in your article, but I would to draw the attention of your readers on the fact, that there are still more arguments.

One argument, which I couldn't read in your article is that the students sometimes play brutal computer games. Because it's possibly, if the students play a lot of computergames, that a rampage is a kind of computergame.

An other point, which I couldn't find in your article is that the students, who take up guns, are often bullied by other pupils or even by teachers and haven't got any friends. That means the students are outside and want to take revenge on the people, who bullied them so hardly, by a rampage.

An other fact, which is missing in your article is that the parents of the gunman have a big influence of their child. Because, if a child has very bad parents, who always discourage their child and don't care about his problems , the child will be become very despressive and think about himself, that he is a loser. Somewhen the student can't bear the despression and take up guns.

I am sure readers will agree with me when I say that there are so many reasons for a rampage and the students, teachers, parents should try to avoid, that a student take up guns, because if they don't try to avoid, a rampage will happen again and again.

Tennismaster7 Stuttgart

choccy_hobnob
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: English

Re: Writing a letter to the editor

Beitrag von choccy_hobnob »

Hallo Tennismaster7! Hoffentlich kommt diese Korrektur jetzt nicht schon zu spät... du bist ja sicherlich nicht der Typ, der seine Hausaufgaben immer auf den letzten Drücker macht - deshalb dürftest du doch noch jede Menge Zeit haben, meine Vorschläge auszuführen! :) OK - und jetzt zum Thema "Amokläufe"!
Tennismaster7 hat geschrieben:Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing with reference to your article on rampage on the school shootings, which I have read yesterday (die Handlung ist schon abgeschlossen: du hast den Artikel gelesen, liest es aber nicht mehr - daher Simple Past). I agree with the arguments you made about school shootings, which you called in your article, but I would to draw your readers' attention to the fact, that there are still more points to be made.

One relevant point, which you didn't mention (es geht ja nicht darum, dass du irgendeine Anmerkung über Computerspiele einfach übersehen hast, sondern darum, dass das Thema im Artikel gar keine Erwähnung findet) in your article, is that the school shooters sometimes play brutal computer games. Because It is possible that the students who play a lot of computer games, might see their rampage as just another kind of computer game, rather than real life.

Your article also neglected to mention that the students, who take up guns, have often previously been bullied by other pupils, or even by teachers, and haven't got any friends. That means that they consider themselves to be outsiders and therefore want to take revenge on the people, who bullied them so badly (oder: "cruelly"). They try to achieve this by going on a rampage.

Another fact, which seems to be missing in your article, is that the parents of the gunman have a big influence on the behaviour of their child. For example, if a child has very bad parents, who always (besser: "constantly") discourage their child and don't care about his problems, the child is likely to be become very depressed and think about himself, that he is a loser. Somewhen (leider ist "somewhen" gar kein richtiges Wort... schade eigentlich!) Sometimes, when these students can't bear the depression anymore, they end up turning to violence.

I am sure that all readers will agree with me when I say that there are very many reasons for a rampage, and that all students, teachers and parents should try to avoid, that driving a student to take up guns (besser: "to such measures". "take up guns" ist zwar eine Redewendung, dafür aber eine, die hauptsächlich im militärischen Kontext vorkommt). After all, if they don't try to stop this cycle, school shootings will happen again and again.

Yours faithfully,
Tennismaster7 Stuttgart
Ich würde mich sehr darüber freuen, wenn ihr mich auf alle Deutschfehler aufmerksam machen würdet!

Antworten