Let's speak English here.
Antworten
kathy
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Can you help me please?

Beitrag von kathy »

Hello,

can you help me. My english is bad i think. I have to write a text and I think there are many mistakes. :(

Can you improve it????

I think Germany is a beautiful country, but there are also many other beautiful countries. I think Denmark is very beautiful for example. There are not so many people and there is much nature. We already were in Denmark a few times. In August we are going to drive to Denmark to a dog meeting.
Last year we were on Seychelles, it was great and sometimes we want to fly to South Africa.

Thank you very much.

King regards
Kathy
regards Kathy

Gast

dear Kathy:)

Beitrag von Gast »

in sentence about Denmark " and nature is beautiful".would sound better in my humble opinion
because “there is much nature” seems to be unclear to me though who knows? I am not native speaker too.
And I would write “We have already been in Denmark several times” instead of “we were”.
All in all have a nice trip:)
bh123:)

test
Topic Talker

Beitrag von test »

Same opinion with regard to the tense. I would write We have already been in ... as well because of the word "already". But if you write the sentence without the word "already" you can certainly write "we were".
By the way my english teachers don't and didn't ^^ like the using of "I think". When I use this expression they almost go nuts... so that I would try to embellish the sentences with the word "I think". You could maybe write: From my point of view, I'm of the opinion that, In my opinion... and so on....................................................

kathy
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von kathy »

Thank you very much. You are great. :freu:

That will help me :D

King regards
Kathy

(i hope i can learn english better - sometimes perfect)
regards Kathy

Antworten