WM 2010

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten
jan85
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

WM 2010

Beitrag von jan85 »

Hi all,

I'm new and want to improve my English. After looking for English chats I found this page and I like the idea to chat in a moderated forum. To start a discussion what do you think about the upcoming WM.

What's your preferred team ?

Cheers,
Jan

friendly2004
Frequent Typer

Re: WM 2010

Beitrag von friendly2004 »

I will be supporting the German squad. And you? ;)

andy55
Topic Talker

Beitrag von andy55 »

Germany too, because Austria is not being mentioned. :|

anubis1981
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von anubis1981 »

Hi!
I´m thinking that Germany will not become the champion. Of course, I cross my fingers for the German team. :freu:
I guess England or Italy get the cup. :(

Good luck boys :D

Alex2010
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von Alex2010 »

anubis1981 hat geschrieben:I´m thinking that Germany will not become the champion.
Nor do I. :lol:

Beli1970
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: deutsch

Beitrag von Beli1970 »

Hello,
the big event of football connects the people all over the world. Nearly everyone - the rich and the poor - feels the same while watching a goal scored by the own national team. :freu: Sometimes the daily news are so sad. I love it to show my little children, that there is something good and nice that goes on. Hate, war, environment pollution, fights for money and power and a lot of fear is filling the air of our globe every day. BUT - This quite unimportant thing, just a game called football shows the other side, the better side of globalization.
After this dramatic words I stagger back to bed :zzz:

good night
Beli

anubis1981
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von anubis1981 »

Hello everybody,

what´s your meaning about the German players? Do you think we become champion? I think I has to cancel my opinion a few postings before. If Brazil will play as bad as the other favorites have played, we'll get a real chance.

Have a lot of fun :rolly:

Marc

franzi
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von franzi »

Hi Anubi. I think its too early declaring our Team the future Champion. Australia was not reallY a big challenge. Friday will reveal where we are. The Serbiens will be a more serious adversaire. Then we 'll see where we are. I'm looking forward for that match. We have a very good Team and an excellent Coach.
We have to wait and see.

Kind regards
Manfred

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

I find it hilarious that papers like BILD behave as if Germany had already won the World Championship. Yes fair enough, they won the first match, but it was the FIRST match not the final.

I am supporting both England and Germany, however the first match of the English team was .. well.. I would not say it was a diseaster but it was rather lame. Rooney never got the chance in the first half because Heskey just did not feed him properly. He had three good chances in the second half but the US goalkeeper was amazingly strong. In fact I did not think the US would deliver a match as strong as they did.

Anyway, the next German match is on Friday, right? And England's playing on Saturday. We'll see what the matches are going to be like. Expectations are naturally set high now and the players will certainly feel the pressure.

Oh by the way, I would have supported Scotland but they did not qualify. What else is new, ey? :roll: :wink:
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

ibex
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von ibex »

Das Match Deutschland-England wird was, hm?
Mal ein echter Klassiker. :freu:
Die Engländer stimmen sich schon ein:

The Times:
"England ist rachedurstig. Deutschland wartet im Achtelfinale nachdem sich Capellos Bier-Spielchen auszahlen. Fabio Capello hat verraten, dass Englands Weiterkommen und das Erreichen eines möglicherweise epischen WM-Spiels gegen Deutschland durch ein paar Bier in der Nacht angefeuert wurde."
The Sun:
"Here we go again. Nach einem nervenzerreißenden Sieg steht England jetzt das gigantische Aufeinandertreffen mit Deutschland bevor. Unsere Jungs und ihr überglücklicher Trainer Fabio Capello werden am Sonntag gegen unseren alten Feind in einem Achtelfinal-Leckerbissen spielen."
The Guardian:
"Die gute Nachricht: England ist weiter. Die schlechte Nachricht: Nächster Gegner ist Deutschland. Die Geschichte hat die alten Feinde erneut zusammengeführt, nachdem England endlich mal statt einer Busladung Geister eine echte Fußballmannschaft in Südafrika auf das Feld geschickt hat. Ein 1:0-Erfolg über Ghana brachte Deutschland auf Kurs mit Fabio Capellos England."
Daily Star:
"Job Done…Now For The Hun. Arbeit erledigt – jetzt packen wir uns die Hunnen. Die englischen Löwen brüllten sich in die K.o.-Runde der Weltmeisterschaft, nachdem sie ihre besorgten Fans lange zittern ließen. Das entscheidende Tor von Spurs-Stürmer Jermain Defoe lässt uns weiterträumen – und jetzt wartet unser alter Feind Deutschland am Sonntag." (Quelle: http://www.wm-wetten.eu)

"Der alte Feind" Deutschland. Na ja. :roll:

Die Frage ist jetzt nur:
Zu wem halten? Nachdem das ja schon Knock-Out ist...

caro64
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von caro64 »

"Der alte Feind" Deutschland. Na ja. :roll:

I know what you mean :roll: that so does get on my nerves, considering that they don't only mean, the old football enemy. It's not even meant badly, they just don't think. Still, I definetly want England to win, especially after all the hassle I'm getting here. Everyone keeps on about how England are gonna get their arse kicked on Sunday. If I was in England I'd probably want Germany to win :lol: .
Caro... C'mon ENGLAND!

panic22
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von panic22 »

aaaah....
well, my humble self...
is not a soccer fan at all. I'd rather say I'm absolutely against it ;o) since everyone can kick a bloody ball across a field.. haha.. do not get me wrong.. don't want to make any enemies.. ^_^
But you know..
Well, even I was caught up with this information they "got their ass kicked" today, didn't they..? ;)
I so don't mean to offend or anything else.. i knoow.. I sometimes really tend to type sarcastically,
just up to askin if anyone feels concerned about it..? ;)

However, if anyone asked for my opinion England would be a much better winner I think. I really can't help maybe 'cos I'm leastwise not even german or soo ;)

like I mentioned.. do not take me too seriously ^_^

C you round m8s ;)

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Hi panic,

excuse my French and no offence intended :tup: :

I feel that you tend to overdo it - using slang and colloquial speech, I mean. What is probably meant to be proper English seems like a caricature to me. It certainly doesn't make easy reading and I suppose I wouldn't enjoy listening to it either.

"Dosis sola venenum facit", you know!?

Cheers
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

caro64
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von caro64 »

@panic, I think you meant "well they did get their arse kicked, didn't they?" I did have to read it a few times, before I actually worked out what you were trying to say (so it would be a good idea to take into account what Duckduck wrote) It's not the fact that people were telling me that Englands gonna lose ( I did think that anyway) It was the point of wanting to offend me, that upset me a bit.
Bye
Caro, who's gonna be taking alot of stick today :jo: :(

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Dear Caro,

"When you walk through a storm..."

I'm there beside you... :jo:

Cheers

Duckduck