hi:)

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Hello:)
I would like to ask you if you have any ideas about what is worth seeing in Ireland? I am planning to go there these holidays. Can you recommend to me some places that are obligatory to see in your opinion – specially as deals history, nature? Maybe any www links that could give me some clue???? THANKS:)
As deals me I found some fine links for people who want to learn German:
http://forum.learn-german.com/forum/
http://www.online-studying.de/redaktion ... tm?KMID=37
THANKS FOR READING:)
PS. German is difficult language to learn specially when you don’t have too much time and would like to learn it very quickly to understand it al last :( All the best for everyone here, nevertheless:)
bh123:)
:angel:

Pat
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Pat »

Great, I just signed up in that German forum in order to help people, as well.

Ireland - hm. I bought a few travel guide books. They're pretty useful.

Gast

Hi:)

Beitrag von Gast »

Oh, thanks for your advice but still much cheaper for me to find some good links with pictures etc. I have even printed out online history of Ireland starting 1000 years B.C. That's great for me. It's good you joined German forum to help others. Really. You have many words that are so loooooooooooooong and troubles with reading them and pronouncing to me! AWFUL! English words are much shorter! Couldn't you do something with all these long words :? Make two shorter for example?
But I have to admit you are great documentalists. Today I have seen two documentaries - one about Norwegian fiords and second about Congo in Africa. Interesting things. Some time ago I saw German documentary about Bajkal Lake in Siberia. Also great. They say Brits are the best documentaries but I am not so sure.
All the best:)
See you later:)

Miss Piggy
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: English

Beitrag von Miss Piggy »

The West and Northwest of Ireland ist the best (basically, the whole Atlantic Coast) there are some amzing sights to be seen.

From a historical point of view (ancient history), I'd recommend Sligo (Carrowmore - the largest cemetery of megalithic tombs in Ireland, Creevykeel Court Tomb, Queen Maedbh's Grave)

Also very interesting (historically) is Clonmacnoise.

Donegal is a beautiful county - Slieve League, Glencolumkille.

Sligo - Mullaghmore, Benbulben, Glencar (that's actually in Co. Leitrim but on the Sligo border)

Mayo - Achill Island, Westport

Galway - beautiful City - Co. Galway - Aran Islands, Kylemore Abbey

Clare - Burren

Kerry - Dingle, Ring of Kerry.

http://www.tourismireland.com/deu/

Northern Ireland is well worth a visit too, Giant's Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Derry City, Ulster-American Folk Park

etc....

There is so much to see and do, once you know where in Ireland you plan to go to, let me know and I can give you more specific tips

Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

THANKS VERY MUCH, indeed:)
I will surely tell you about route chosen by me- by the way - don't you think Dublin is worth seeing? I am asking cause it is a capital.
Should I think about Dublin?
Thanks for reply, if any:)
:)

Antworten