it's me

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
julya
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

it's me

Beitrag von julya »

hi all,

i am julya from germany and i am 38 years old. six month ago i started my english-challenge. at first i have taken a book - puh, very very difficult. there were so many unknown words i thought about to give up. after reading a few pages i was able to understand the context. OK, that works. the next part of my challenge, watching english program - i realized, much harder than i imagined. but i won't quit. i ignored the nasty feelings and moved on.

now, i am in the six month of my self-teaching-project. i read. i watch many in english. i am talking to myself into the mirror. i write my first english blog ever. (my goal: writing a book in english)

but now, i am desperate. i am not sure if everything i write is right. there is no one who correct me.

another point is, i am unable to learn grammar rules. that's why I failed in school time. i must listen and read the language to get the knowledge, "is it right or wrong what i am writing/speaking."

nevertheless, i feel insecure. am i sure? am i on the right way?

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: it's me

Beitrag von Keswick »

julya hat geschrieben:Hi all,

I am Julya from Germany and I am 38 years old. Six months ago I started my English challenge. At first I took a book - puh, very very difficult. There were so many unknown words I thought about to give up. After reading a few pages I was able to understand the context. OK, that works. The next part of my challenge, watching English programmes - I realized that this was much harder than I had imagined. But I won't quit. I ignored the nasty feelings and moved on.

Now, I am in the sixth month of my self-teaching-project. I read. I watch many (many what??) in English. I am talking to myself in the mirror. I write my first English blog ever. (My goal: writing a book in English)

But now, I am desperate. I am not sure if everything I write is right. There is nobody to correct me.

Another point is, I am unable to learn grammar rules. That's why I failed in school time. I must listen and read the language to get the knowledge, "is what I am writing/speaking right or wrong ."

Nevertheless, I feel insecure. am I right? am I on the right way?
First of all please pay close attention to your upper and lower case writing!

I am afraid you won't be able to learn perfect English without actually sitting down and reading into the grammar, doing exercises and the like. Listening to English is alright, watching English films is fine, too but you should never forget that many films and series are colloqiual and you can find lots of mistakes in them.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

julya
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

Re: it's me

Beitrag von julya »

Thank you very much for correcting my mistakes! I know about my "wrong" lower case. In German i write - online - everything in lower case. But you are right, it would be better to pay attention to.

You are right too with grammar lessons. But there is a blockade. I see grammar lessons and my brain stopped. Nothing works :(

PS: If there is someone, who wants to improve the English skills via Skype, please write me a PM.

Antworten