I need your opinion and help

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
alain
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: spanish

I need your opinion and help

Beitrag von alain »

Do people who speak English really need to learn foreign languages?

Please leave your opinion and if you can leave a link from internet which shows information related to this topic.
thankyou

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: I need your opinion and help

Beitrag von Keswick »

I assume you need our opinions for your homework? Uni? If yes it would've been nice if you had mentioned that.

Everybody should speak more than their native tounge.. but that's only my opinion. And English might be an international language but there are still lots of people who do not speak it.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

ytut

Beitrag von ytut »

Yes, there are many people they speak different languages, you can understand what they say if you know their languages.

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Well, personally I've always enjoyed and liked this kind of typical English aloofness, you know, something like: "See, if they want to talk to us, let them learn English...". :jo:

But of course the times of imperialism and nationalism are - fortunately - over and so no people should expect all the other peoples to "do the work".
So, let the English learn other languages but - and I think that's even more important - let them keep their own wonderful language intact!

Good luck says
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

smile
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: deutsch

Beitrag von smile »

Hello there

Years ago I thought, all these lucky people who don't have to learn another language because they are already native english speakers, while I had to sit down and study english grammer. :read:
But now, I know that you're not just learning vocabulary. If you're interested in, you'll learn so much more like, how do they live or what are they like and things about their traditions. I really think, we all need to know much more about other people.

So, just forgive my mistakes. :wink:

smile :lol:

schnip
Topic Talker

Beitrag von schnip »

All in all I suggest there are several international languages, for example French (Colonization) or Russian (in connection with Poland, Ucraine though there are great differences between those 2).

In a world with rising globalization it is important to speak different languages.

Saabrigger
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Saabrigger »

Why did we invent the wheel...we have feet so we could as well walk. Or why did you learn to write with a pen...we use computers to write. What I mean is, we do not only learn because it is necessary. We learn to improve the world and to make live easier. So yes, if you have the possibility you should learn other languages. Who knows, tomorrow you might meet the love of your live on the road but she does not speak English but only for example french...what a shame that you can not ask her for her number.... :spin:

alain
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: spanish

hello everybody and thank u!

Beitrag von alain »

I really appreciate every single opinion and I'd like to read more, please keep putting your thoughts here.

ala!n :out:

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

I would still like to know why you're interested in this topic in the first place? :D
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Antworten