Biography Queen Elizabeth I.

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
Heunie
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

Biography Queen Elizabeth I.

Beitrag von Heunie »

Hey ihr :)
Ich soll ich Englisch ein Referat über Queen Elizabeth I. halten.
Wär lieb, wenn ihr einen Blick drüber werfen könntet...hauptsächlich auf Satzstellung und Grammatik.
Vielen Dank im Voraus! :)

Queen Elizabeth I. was born at Greenwich Palace in London on September 7, 1533.
She was the daughter of King Henry VIII. (1491 - 1547) and Anne Boleyn.
Both wanted a son as heir and were not pleased with the birth of a daughter.
At the age of two, Elizabeth's mother was beheaded for adultery and so she was exiled from court and also precluded by the line of succession.
1544, Elizabeth came under the influence of Catherine Parr, Henrys sixth wife.
As a result, Elizabeth enqueue in the line of succession.
Catherine Parr was the one, who put herself out for educating Elizabeth.
Roger Ascham educated her as a potential heir and she learned Greek, Latin, rhetoric and philosophy.

In 1547, after the death of her father Henry, Elizabeth lived at the court of Catherine.
Her husband Thomas Seymour pestered Elizabeth and so Catherine felt compelled to send Elizabeth away.
At the time of Catherine’s death, Thomas Seymour asked Elizabeth’s hand in marriage, but the selectmen forbid the marriage.

Eduard VI., who was Henrys son and the legitimate heir to the throne, died at the age of fifteen.
On his deathbed, he determined Lady Jane Gray as his successor.
So his half-sisters Elizabeth and Maria were barred from being the queen.
Within nine days, Maria asserts her aspiration for the throne.
On August 3, 1553, Maria and Elizabeth went back to London, but soon a quarrel developed.
Maria was a convinced Catholic and so she wanted to convert Elizabeth from being a Protestant.

After a certain time, Maria wanted to marry Philipp II., king of Spain, but he meet with disapproval
However, he met with big disapproval by the English, because they feared the Spanish influence in England.

Thomas Wyatt wanted Elizabeth to get married with Cousin Edward Courtenay, so that he could obtain the throne.
With help of torment, Thomas Wyatt testified against Elizabeth, who was suspected to be in touch with the betrayers.
Maria, who arranged her imprisonment, confined Elizabeth.
Considering his death sentence, Thomas Wyatt revoked the involvement of Elizabeth at this complot.
Nevertheless, Elizabeth stayed in prison, but after a while, she was sent to Woodstock in Oxfordshire.
Maria married the Spanish crown prince Philipp, but the couple stayed childless.
On September 17, 1558, Elisabeth got informed about the death of her half-sister.
Consequently, Philipp proposed marriage to Elizabeth, but she resigned it.
At the age of twenty-five, Elizabeth was crowned as queen of England and Ireland.

Antworten