The "discuss your day" thread

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten
chrissi1980
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: German

The "discuss your day" thread

Beitrag von chrissi1980 »

I thought I could open a topic for everyone, where everyone can discuss the current day. Cause sometimes we have such oddly days that we need to talk to someone. In this case is this topic your personal shrink! :jo:

Okay I'd like to start with my own day, cause he was a little bit oddly for me. This saturday is the second day for me where I have freetime, before I have to work again. So and I thought I could be really lazy on this day and do nothing, exept to surf a bit into the net. That was my good plan for this day! But then... Later on this day my boss was calling me, and I thought; oh no, please not on this day! He asked me about my plans, if there's something what could be important for me. I said no, and what's happen? So my boss told me that one of my fellows didn't come to his shift, and if I could take this shift. I said sure I can do this, wich store is it? So he gave me a description how I can find this store in Hamburg. My reply was; hey stay cool you has me, and I can handle this store and I'll do this shift. My boss was pretty happy in this situation.

Later, I already was on the way to this store. My boss was calling me again and asked me; where are you right now? I said to him; I'm, currently in the central station. Why you ask me? And my boss replied: get out of the u-train, your fellow was calling me, and said to me that he his on the way to the store. You can go home or do what you want. I said: what, are you kidding me? But my boss said no!

Pretty oddly this situation, and a really oddly day for me. I spent the rest of my freetime with shoping, cause I decided I need this after this experience. :uppy:

And now it's your turn! You can tell something of your day, if you want to do this. :)
SAVE YOURSELF... THEN TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN!!!

Arminius
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: Englisch

Re: The "discuss your day" thread

Beitrag von Arminius »

My day has been uneventful. Thursday was the first day of classes for me though and that was quite an eventful day! I got a parking ticket on campus because I forgot to put my parking permit in my car window. I invented a story to tell to the parking department and got the ticket voided. The rest of the day went rather smoothly. All my classes seem like they're going to be pretty easy. Less stress = Win!
English, Deutsch, Dansk

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Keswick »

My day was quite alright, pretty lazy to be honest.

But yesterday was fun. My husband and I went to the Anwick Gardens. Anwick is a small medieval town near the Scottish boarder and the gardens are just wonderful. You can find water features, extraordinary plants and the most beautiful roses. England is famous for roses and I made a little note of the roses we would like to have for my garden :) . Some of them smell fantastic.. even of lemons. It was a nice day out, the sun was shining, we had a little picnic and later on we watched a film, and had some nice food.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

schnip
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: deutsch

Beitrag von schnip »

Today was ok, I met some new people and we went to BK for some food.
I also bought important books for my "Abitur" certificate.

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Keswick »

Abitur is comparable to the A-Levels, so I would rather write A-Levels since certificate is used in different contexts, like apprenticeships.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Antworten