question,

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Gast

question,

Beitrag von Gast »

My question is - because it seems to me it is much easier to learn another foreign language via comparing it with the first - do you know probably any useful links with GOOD English-German dictionaries? Or textes written in English on one side to compare it with German on the other side.
Hope you understand what I am writing about :) .
Some people don't have time to produce an infinitive amount of e-mails (if any) and it seems to me learning via comparing should be much useful/faster/more effective.
:?:
Thanks for your clues - if any :) .
bh123
:angel:

George
Site Admin
Muttersprache: German

dictionaries

Beitrag von George »

Hi,
I think the following links might be useful: :cool:

Leo
TU-Chemnitz

CU
George

Gast

luckily no presentation for me :)

Beitrag von Gast »

Hello:)
BIG THANKS for your dictionary-links. Truly speaking however I think that for someone like me learning German would be much faster via – let’s call it – reading and comparing. I mean I used to speak not the worst German some years ago but today I remember only basic vocabulary and basic grammar. What is “reading and comparing”? In my case it goes like that – I am having MOSTLY THE SAME textes – longer ones – one in English, second in German and I am reading first English and then I try to read German + still some words to “decipher” for me still (then I need dictionary) .

I like this way of learning cause it suits my daily timetable and I can read lots of things while commuting etc. Maybe this clue of mine will inspire other people who can find it convenient for them too.
Because German is not my native language I have also other option. Lots of publishing houses print the same books both for English and German learners. I can buy one book to learn English vocabulary/grammar and next buy the same but with German vocabulary/grammar. Of course the best solution would be to have English-German and German-English things at once but hmmmm…wouldn’t it be too simple by accident?
That’s all by now:).
All the best for everyone here and there:). Enjoy your life:)
bh123
:freu:

Antworten