Let's speak English here.
Antworten
lysi
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

A little help, please?? :)

Beitrag von lysi »

Hey!
I have to write a comment on a book I have read. It's called "Angela's Ashes" by Frank McCourt. Could you correct my comment please? It has to be a good english and everything...
Thank you!

Comment on Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt

William Trevor of the Guardian states that the novel “Angela’s Ashes” by Frank McCourt is “[a] moving and remarkable memoir.”
I totally agree with him because McCourt’s way of narrating makes the book one of the fond remembrance I’ve ever read. When the novel begins he tells his story in a very childlike voice and as he grows up his voice becomes more and more mature. Furthermore he refuses no gruesome detail in his account of the poverty he experienced as a child in Limerick.
The novel affects you when Franck McCourt is the eldest of seven brothers where only four of whom lived past infancy and he never gives up his dream of going to America. Moreover after reading this novel you begin to think twice before complaining about your own life because you realize how life actually can be.
One of the points I like the most is that while reading the novel, the families strokes of fate are touching you emotionally when in another instant the humorous Irish speeches makes you laugh.
All in all in my opinion Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt is one of the most remarkable and moving novels I have ever read.

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: A little help, please?? :)

Beitrag von Keswick »

lysi hat geschrieben:Hey!
I have to write a comment on a book I have read. It's called "Angela's Ashes" by Frank McCourt. Could you correct my comment please? It has to be a good English and everything...
Thank you!

Comment on Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt

William Trevor of the Guardian states that the novel “Angela’s Ashes” by Frank McCourt is “[a] moving and remarkable memoir.”
I totally agree with him because McCourt’s way of narrating makes the book one of the fondest remembrances I’ve ever read. As the novel begins, he tells his story in a very childlike voice and as he grows up his voice becomes more and more mature. Furthermore he does not omit any gruesome detail in his account of the poverty he experienced as a child in Limerick.
The novel affects you as Franck McCourt is the eldest of seven brothers of whom only four of whom lived past infancy but he never gives up his dream of going to America. Moreover after reading this novel you begin to think twice before complaining about your own life because you realize how life actually can be.
One of the points I like the most is that while reading the novel, the families strokes of fate are touching you emotionally when in another instant the humorous Irish speeches makes you laugh.
All in all in my opinion Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt is one of the most remarkable and moving novels I have ever read.
Kurz, praegnant.. gefaellt mir :).
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Antworten