A conversation

Alles zum Abitur und zur Sekundarstufe I.
Tips for Exams (A-level/Year 10).
Antworten
Stocki
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

A conversation

Beitrag von Stocki »

Hello guys,

I`m new in this forum. So...Hello to all :mrgreen:

I need a little bit help with an English text. I have written an conversation but im not really sure, if there is anything right, because my English is not the best at all.

I would be really happy if an "english expert" could read this conversation and give me some tips or tell me some failures.

(The orthography doesn`t matter, its only about the grammar)

--

„Good Afternoon. Savings bank London. My Name is Mike Selar. How can I help you?”

“Good Afternoon, my Name is Jane Denver. I`m the managing director of the Horse private limited company. I`m searching for an interesting investment”

“Hello Miss Denver. So, you interested in an investment, that’s nice…For which Type of investment are you looking for?”

“ I would prefer an speculative investment and it`s very important for me that this investment is also very flexible, so that its possible for me to get my money in case of an emergency daily back.”

“Ah, ok. So you want an flexible and speculative investment?”

“Yes, that’s right”

“ I think that i have the ideal thing for you…Do you have any experiences with shares?”

“ I know what shares are, but I did never hold shares before. Would you be so nice to tell me something more about them, please?”

“Yes, of course. In my opinion shares are something really interesting. You can get high capital gains but you have also a very high price risk. So I would say… You can earn a lot of money and you can lose a lot of money.”

“Can you tell me how high the profits per shares normally are, please?”

“Mh, that’s something that I cant tell you, because this I very different. The prices of the shares are changing all the time and there can be often big differences even between two days. “

“Ah,ok, I understand”

“ Im Sorry but I have to ask. How much money you plan to invest.?”

“ Oh, no problem, the question is ok. I want to invest around 100 Pounds.”

“Ok, thanks. Just one moment, please. Maybe I can find a ideal share for you in our PC-Bank-Software right now. So you want to invest 100.000 €…”

“Im sorry but I said 100.000 Pounds not Euros..”

“Oh, excuse me, I misunderstood it. It was my failure.”

“Its ok, no problem. So I want to invest 100.000 POUNDS”

“Ok thanks. So, before I’m going to start searching. Would this be the right form of investment for you?”

“Yeah, it sounds really interesting but I don’t want to lose my whole money. I think the risk on this investment is to high for me, im sorry”

“Ah, ok, I see your point. That’s no problem.“

“So, could you recommend me something different, please?”

“Yes, for sure. I think that I have now the perfect thing for you. Did you ever heard about debentures? ”

“Yes, I think that I even heard something about this. But, would you be so nice to give me some
general information’s about this, please?”

“Yeah, I would love to, but this would be too bulky and complicated to explain on the telephone. So I think it would be the best to make an appointment. What do you think about that?”

“A appointment, that’s a good idea.”

“What about next Wednesday. Would this be ok for you?”

Wednesday? That’s perfect. But I have a little problem. I don’t know the exact address of your bank”

“Ah, that’s no problem. I will tell it to you. Its London, 165 th Bruchester Street.”

“ Im sorry but I didn’t understand the name of the street. Could you spell it please.?”

“Sure. Bruchester. B-r-u-c-h-e-s-t-e-r.“

„Thank you. Im just looking in my organizer. 3 o clock pm. Would this be ok for you?”

“3o clock pm? That’s ideal. So, would you be so nice to tell me your name and telephone number, please?”

“Yes, sure. My Name is Jane Denver and my business number is 091778.”

“Oh, im sorry, but I didn’t understood your last name. Could you spell it please?”

“Yes, sure. Denver. D-e-n-v-e-r. Would you be so nice to tell my your telephone number to , please. ?”

“Yes. My business number is 148745.”

“Thank you for your help. It was a very interesting conversation.”

“Thank you to. So, I hope we see us on next Wednesday. Have a nice day. Good-Bye.”

“Bye”

-----

Big Greetz Stocki :tup:

Stocki
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Stocki »

no one? :(

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

„Good Afternoon. Savings bank London. My Name is Mike Selar. How can I help you?”

“Good Afternoon, my Name is Jane Denver. I`m the managing director of the Horse private limited company. I`m looking for an interesting investment”

“Hello Miss Denver. So, you interested in an investment, that’s nice… What kind of investment are you looking for?

“ I would prefer an speculative investment and it’s very important for me that this investment is also very flexible, so that it’s possible for me to get my money in case of an emergency daily back.” not sure what you mean with that

“Ah, ok. So you want an flexible and a speculative investment?”

“Yes, that’s right”

“ I think that i have the ideal solution for you…Do you have any experiences with shares?”

“ I know what shares are, but I never held shares before. Would you be so nice to tell me something more about them, please?”

“Yes, of course. In my opinion shares are something really interesting. You can get high capital gains but you also have a very high price risk are you sure that is the right word?. So I would say… You can earn a lot of money and you can lose a lot of money.”

“Can you tell me how high the profits per shares normally are, please?”

“Mh, that’s something I can’t tell you, because this I very different. The prices of the shares are changing all the time and there can often be big differences even within two days. “

“Ah,ok, I understand”

“ Im Sorry but I have to ask. How much money do you plan to invest.?”

“ Oh, no problem, the question is ok. (I’d rather leave the first sentence out, ignore his straightforwardness politely and simply answer the question). I want to invest around 100 Pounds.”

“Ok, thanks. Just one moment, please. Maybe I can find a ideal share for you in our PC-Bank-Software right now. So you want to invest 100.000 €…”

“Im sorry but it is (I said would be okay but is considered rude by some people) 100.000 Pounds not Euros..”

“Oh, excuse me, I misunderstood it. It was my fault.”

“Its ok, no problem. Alternative: That’s alright.So I want to invest 100.000 POUNDS”

“Ok thanks. So, before I’m going to start searching , would this be the right form of investment for you?”

“Yeah, it sounds really interesting but I don’t want to lose all my money. I think the risk on this investment is to high for me, I’m sorry”

“Ah, ok, I see your point. That’s no problem.“

“So, could you recommend me something different, please?”

“Yes, sure. I think that I have now the perfect solution for you. Have you ever heard about debetures?

“Yes, I think that I’ve heard something about this. But, would you be so nice to give me some general information (information is a singular word) about this, please?”

“Yeah, I would love to, but this would be too I’d rather choose a word like comprehensive and complicated to explain on the telephone. So I think it would be best to make an appointment. What do you think about that?”

“A n appointment, that’s a good idea.”

How about next Wednesday. Would this be alright with you?”

“Wednesday? That’s perfect. But I have a little problem. I don’t know the exact address of your bank”

“Ah, that’s no problem. I will tell it to you. Its London, 165 (without the th, only 165) Bruchester Street.”

“ Im sorry but I didn’t get the name of the street. Could you spell it out for me please?”

“Sure. Bruchester. B-r-u-c-h-e-s-t-e-r.“

„Thank you. Im just looking in my organizer. 3 o clock pm. Would this be alright with you?”
(I’d not even mention the diary, just suggest 3 o’clock).

3 p.m. ?? That’s ideal. So, would you please tell me your name and telephone number, please?”

“Yes, sure. My name is Jane Denver and my business number is 091778.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, but I didn’t understood your last name. Could you spell it please?”

“Yes, sure. Denver. D-e-n-v-e-r. Would you mind giving me your telephone number too, please?”

Not at all.. My business number is 148745.”

“Thank you for your help. It was a very interesting conversation.”

“Thank you too. I hope to see you next Wednesday. Have a nice day. Good-Bye.”

“Bye”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ich bin weder Englaenderin, noch Lehrerin, also gebe ich keine Garantie fuer Richtigkeit.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Antworten