Could you improve my English text?

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Einstein_1977
Bilingual Newbie

Could you improve my English text?

Beitrag von Einstein_1977 »

1. Packing and backpacking tour

The claim is often made that a package tour is better than a backpacking tour.

Firstly packaging holidays are not so expensive. The reason is that a packing tour is an all-in-tour. This means the price includes everything. On a backpacking tour you have to pay the flight, the accommodation and the meals as well. Moreover a packing tour is better for someone who doesn’t miss the contact to local people. It offers the opportunity to relax, to be entertained by an animator or to eat and drink almost the whole day. However a packing tour can be very boring indeed. You normally do the same activities.

A backpacking tour is very exciting. This is due to the fact that you have more variety. You can meet local inhabitants. You also get the chance to improve your knowledge about the native language and the foreign food. In addition you can explore the beauty spots on your holiday destination.

I would like to conclude by saying that I prefer to go in for a backpacking tour because I often need adventures and stimulation instead of relaxing.

2. Mass- and ecotourism
It’s often said that mass-tourism is very important for our human society nowadays but we must not forget its dangers. Firstly one reason for mass tourism is that people earn more money because of the wide-spread affluence in industrialized countries. In addition many employees have more spare time because there is less work. Moreover there are more attractive areas. A lot of travel agencies offer low-budget last minute tours and trips to distant places which are affordable for the average citizen. Last but not least there are the dense airline network and the fast link between the most parts all over the world.

Nevertheless mass-tourism is harmful, as well. This kind of tourism destroys the landscape and also endangers the life of local inhabitants. Another disadvantage is the devastation of native traditions because of tourists who want to have the same comfort like at home.

Fortunately there are many opportunities to limit mass-tourism. Inhabitants could protect their countryside if they had newer and stricter building regulations for profit-hungry businessmen who want to build huge hotel complexes and other tourist facilities. Likewise natives would have the chance to save their local habits if they reduced the number of holidaymakers going to ancient buildings or natural parks and whether they increased the entrance fees. What’s more indigenous people should try to reduce air-pollution. They could forbid private vehicles and improve the public means of transport like buses and tubes for example.

All in all I suppose it may be possible to bring tourism in accord with ecology. This kind of symbioses is called ecotourism. This sort of tourism helps us to rescue our environment and other cultures. It’s also the last possibility to avoid the annihilation of the world population.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about it? Could you improve my essays? Can you tell me if the grammar and the spelling are right? I'm thankful for every suggestion.

:-)

Antworten