I am the new one ;)

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Sylva
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: german

I am the new one ;)

Beitrag von Sylva »

Hello everybody,
I am a 29 year old girl from germany. I live in a small town between Cologne and Frankfurt.
My hobbies are computer games, my camera and dancing.
I am a mechanical-engineering technician. On my job there is a lot of correspondece with every nation. Most of my correspondece is with the USA. And I´m not happy with my english cos in my opinion it is very bad. I can´t ask the custumors if there are any mistakes in my mails.
Now I found this forum and it is great. So many people help each other.
I want to improve my english.
I am looking for someone who want to have mail contact / ICQ with me abaout all sorts of things.

Greetings

Melanie :lol:

Rote Zora
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: german

Beitrag von Rote Zora »

Hi Melanie, I think your english is not so bad as you think. Also my english is not perfect, but maybe I've got a bit more experience. In 1989 I was in England to improve my english. I had a job there in an hotel and it was very, very busy, but good to learn english because I could'nt speak english at that time. Just a bit, but a very bit school english. In 1998 I had the chance to visit a school for vocational training and there we had business english and computer. So it was great to study again and to improve my english. You will not believe but in 2004 I had again the chance for 9 month to study business english. During the past I had to speak and write also english at work and I like to write or to speak a bit in english, but since 1 year I have a new job and there I don't have to speak english so I need to see how can I use my english.
Possibilities are a lot to do something in english, but sometimes I have no time and, and, and.....
You know. This forum is not to bad to keep your english wake or to improve your english.
Good luck and don't be shy.
Best regards Sonja :spin:

Antworten