Letter to University

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
bobo
Bilingual Newbie

Letter to University

Beitrag von bobo »

Hi I would kike to start a master programm in Scotland or Engladn. Therefore I have to meet some Profs. to gest some Informations. Iwrote this eMail to get an appintment.
Could you do me favour and check whether this letter (grammar and content) is okay. If not don`t hesitate to imrpove it. :D
Thanx very much in advance.

Dear Mrs. xyz and Mr. xyz

my name is Babak xyz and I am a graduated German student of 24 years. I have studied in Berlin at the "Fachhoschschule für Technik und Wirtschaft - University of Appled Sciences".I have my first degree. It is the "Bachelor of Science".

I am quiete interested in the Master Programm (Msc Management) you offer. I will start a trip to Scotland and Egland to meet some Master co-ordinators to get some valuable information. I will stay from 1st February to 14th February in Scotland. I would appreciate a meetng with you during this time.

I suggest an appointment for the 4th February at 13 pm. If this date suits you, I will look forward to see you. Otherwise could you please propose an alternative date.

Thanking you in advance,
yours sincerely, Babak xyz. :D

englishislight
Slow Speller

Answer

Beitrag von englishislight »

Fachhoschschule

It is the wrong word ,sorry that i must say it , but it is very easy to see this mistake.

The right word is "Fachhochschule"

Probably you have forgotten to write , that the word without two "s"

test
Topic Talker

Beitrag von test »

Hi I would kike to start a master programm in Scotland or Engladn.
Was heißt eigentlich das kike in diesem Fall ?

$pidermonkey
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von $pidermonkey »

bobo hat geschrieben:Hi I would kike to start a master programm in Scotland or Engladn.
Engladn? Oder doch eher Bin Laden?
Sorry, dass du hier so auf die Hörner genommen wirst, aber ich denke, dass dir dieser Brief recht wichtig ist. Deshalb sollte es keine Problem sein, zumindest die Anfrage ohne unnötige Tippfehler und Buchstabendreher hinzubekommen, soviel Zeit muss sein.

Um dir aber noch einen inhaltlichen Tipp zu geben: Ich würde vielleicht nicht von mir aus einen Termin vorschlagen, da dies etwas unhöflich wirken könnte. Warte lieber ab, ob er überhaupt zustimmt und falle lieber nicht mit der Tür ins Haus. Es wäre besser, von dir aus Zeiträume anzugeben, in denen du Zeit hättest, den finalen Termin sollte aber er machen, oder er sollte zumindest das Gefühl haben. Und immer schön zurückhaltend und höflich formulieren: Upward communication ist hier das Zauberwort.
Du bist Herr deiner Worte, doch, einmal gesprochen, beherrschen sie dich.

Antworten