Hello from Uganda

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
flavia
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Luo

Hello from Uganda

Beitrag von flavia »

:) I am called Flavia and I hail from the northern part of Uganda, though since the war broke up in the my home town, where I lost my father, I have since then been living in the capital city of Kampala with my mum and my siblings .

It's nice being here and I would like to link up with as many people as possible.I speak good English because it's the official language in my country and also the language of communication in my family. I love reading, listening to music and watching the TV, and I plan to become a journalist and an actress. Right now I have just completed my Ordinary level exams and eagerly waiting for the results that will take me to the advanced level.

Peari
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: English

Beitrag von Peari »

G'day from Australia :p

Why is English the oficial language in Uganda?

I didn't know that.

tanhuimei
Topic Talker

Beitrag von tanhuimei »

Hello!

Nice to meet you here, Flavia. I am so sorry to hear you have lost your daddy.
And. WOW! You speak very good english. What is the secret? I eager to know, because my spoken english is quite bad. Help me with this , would you?

Regards.
huimei

Nevermore
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Nevermore »

tanhuimei hat geschrieben: WOW! You speak very good english. What is the secret?
flavia hat geschrieben:I speak good English because it's the official language in my country and also the language of communication in my family.
...that's where the secret might lay hidden :wink:

@flavia: Quite an interesting story you've got to tell. I don't see people from Uganda often, so I'd llike to hear more.

Antworten