englisch hilfe :)

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
smile7
Bilingual Newbie

englisch hilfe :)

Beitrag von smile7 »

Looooos, guckt mal bitte, ob der Text so toll ist und wenn nicht - wäre es total lieb, wenn jmd. die Fehler korrigieren könnte. :)

Today, I want to speak about the problems of the "Third World".

There is a poem called "Neocolonialism" which addresses the issue of the rich nations ruling the world and having power over the poor nations. The poor nations can not escape from the vicious circle of their dependence.
They depend on the big nations, because they are underdeveloped and need foreign aid from the rich nations.
The poor nations have a lot of raw minerals, which they want to export to the rich countries. The poor nations, however, need the money and so they must sell the raw minerals for very little money in order to be able to compete with other states. Thus, they can not develop, because the dismantling of raw minerals is very expensive.

Now, I talk a little bit about the problems with foreign aid.
Food aid is not the best way of helping the "Third World", because it makes them extremely depend on the big countries. Because of the food aid the so-called "Third World Countries" do not produce enough food. The "Third World Countries" think that if they receive food from the rich nations they do not need to grow their own food.

Most of the money from the loans is not spent on the important infrastructure and therefore the countries' industries can not develop.

Educational programmes are not the best way of helping the "Third World countries", because the people do not have the education or the qualiftikation to operate the machines.

And now, I talk about the situation of the "Third World".
The colonial powers surpressed the "Third World" in the past. Today, states like the U.S. and Germany surpress them just like the colonial powers in the past. The rich nations exert pressure on the poor nations by not buying their raw minerals. But the poor nations need the money from the raw minerals.

Finally, I would say, that it is bad that the "Third World" is so depend on the rich nations.
However, the FAO tries to overcome the problem of hunger in the "Third World". The FAO, which is short for the "Food and Agricultural Organisation" of the United Nations estimates that around 800 million people are suffering from hunger and chronic malnutrition worldwide. To overcome hunger is one of the largest tasks on the international agenda of the United Nations.

Antworten