Lets talk about hobbies

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Jessy
Bilingual Newbie

Lets talk about hobbies

Beitrag von Jessy »

Hi,
my name is Jessy and I'm 23 years old and I come from Worms. This is a city in Germany between Mainz and Mannheim.

Because of my job, I have to improve my English. During my study I haven't speak a lot of English, but now I work as a SAP Consultant and have a lot of contact with different nations and people. I understand a lots of, but my problem is writing and speaking. So I am happy about finding this forum. I think this is a wonderful chance to get to know new people and perhaps someone, who like the same hobbies just like me.

My favourite Hobby is riding, especially western riding. I have a own horse since 6 years now. He's name is Rocky and he is a quater horse mix. In the summer month I attend on tournaments. This kind of riding is not so familiar like jumping or dressage in Europe, but it makes still fun.
Other hobbies from me are step aerobic, tae-bo, tennis, basketball,...
But I am not only go in for sports, I am also love it to read good book, watch a movie or to hear music. Sometime, if I have plenty of time I play computer games.

It would be wonderful, if some native speaker would write me an email or answer me in this forum. And of course it would be for me an pleasure to help someone with his or her German.

cheers,
Jessy

maedko

Beitrag von maedko »

hey jessy. well i'm only 15, but i've been living in the usa all my life, so i guess i qualify as a native speaker, although my english may not be "english teacher" quality. i started learning german last year and i really want to become fluent in it. soo maybe i could help you if you could help me when i have difficulties, just send me an email.

my hobbies include hanging with friends, chatting online, cross country(long distance running), deutsch - natürlich, eating, and cant forget sleeping!

hope to hear from you

mark

Manhattan
Linguistic Guru
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Manhattan »

Mannheim...... I love it ;)

My hobbies are dancing, music, travelling, languages (English, French, Spanish and German *smile* ), chatting, volleyball.... well... that's all, i guess ;)

Oh, I forgot sth. I love movies! ;) I could watch them all the time....

boarder
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von boarder »

hi I am a 17-year-old pupil from Berlin and I attend a gymnasium.Unfortunately,my English is not so brilliant ,and consequently i hope to improve my language with this public forum.It would be nice,if there are people,who comment on my English,but only if they really want to.Now let us refer to the real topic:i am interested in sports,especially to judo.Besides I absolutely like being online,for instance chatting or something else.In my sparetime I also play soccer for a very unsuccessful club.

Smith
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Smith »

Ok, my hobbies are formula one, boxing and movies. I really love going to cinema and my favourite movies are lord of the rings, gone in 60 seconds, the rock, independence day, forrest gump and last samurai. ;)
I'm also a fan of foreign languages especially english, spanish and french (unfortunately I can't speak a single word in french except for oui, merci and that stuff - but I'm going to change this very soon :wink: ).

Baschtel
Topic Talker

Beitrag von Baschtel »

Hi Jessy.
Well, indeed that threat isn't the most innovative topic ;) , I would like to introduce the activies in my sparetime, though.
At first I have to say I don't love going in for sports :?
Furthermore my english is likewise foul; for in my point of view our school teaches the english language too meanly ... :(
I therefore have to catch up on everything. :roll:
I likes to jogging near the so called "Elbdeich" - so a dyke at the edges of the river Elbe.
I moreover like playing table tennis - luckily, I have a table top for exercise.
I also love going by bike to ascertain my environment or to organise bike tours. Furthermore I relish attending the cinema with friends sometimes.

However I uses the majority of my time to work at PC, especially at bad weather.
In the future I want to work in that domain or another words, at least I have a big interest in regards to that branch... I will see...

smolter1
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von smolter1 »

Hi Jessy,

my name is Sascha, and I´m from Mettenheim. It´s only 10 km away from Worms. I work in Ludwigshafen BASF and I have to learn English for my Job. I was a technician, but now I have to do some projects and Service Control in our IT Unit

My favourite Hobbys are dancing, martial arts and flying model helicopter.

Best regards

Sascha

Nicole
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Nicole »

Hello Jenny,

my name is Nicole and I have been living in Darmstadt for 2 years. I´m unemployd. At the moment I´m attending an English Bussines Course at berlitz to improve my English skill. After this course I´m going to apply for some jobs.

My hobbies are: my little son, my crazy little dog, reading kriminal books (Patrizia Cornwal, Elisabeth George), diving (unfortunately in the summer holidays)

Wish you the best

Greating

Nicole
That´s life :-)

Sunn
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Sunn »

nice topic :)

hi jessy :)

my name is katrin and i live in vienna, because i study there :) i spent my childhood in a provincial backwarter called "ybbstal" a very nice country, a lot of cows, a lot of trees, a lot of.. well.. nothing.. very boring for a longer time.. :D

my hobbies are my boyfriend, he needs a lot of time ;) my two cats, i like reading english and german literature and i love art, especially surrealism (dali,..). (i need a lot of art, music in return for my economic-study :))

chico15
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von chico15 »

boarder hat geschrieben:hi I am a 17-year-old pupil from Berlin and I attend a gymnasium.Unfortunately,my English is not so brilliant ,and consequently i hope to improve my language with this public forum.It would be nice,if there are people,who comment on my English,but only if they really want to.Now let us refer to the real topic:i am interested in sports,especially to judo.Besides I absolutely like being online,for instance chatting or something else.In my sparetime I also play soccer for a very unsuccessful club.
hello boarder
my opinion is that your english is quite good.I hope the same like you I would like to improve my english knowledges with this forum and with a
regular contacts. Im 29 years old an I live in a village called el vergel (Spain). I need english for my daily work because I work for a german company but the company language is english.
maybe we can keep up this typ of learning and I´m looking forward to some answeres.
bye bernd

nodoubt
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von nodoubt »

hi,

I live in an little City in Germany. I can not speak englisch. I will it learn but this is very difficult for me.
Lets come to the thema: My hobbys are meetings with friend, go in the city, in discos (is this right?), or in a bar or in the cinema, black and wite photography (is this the right word?), and the Internet.
grüße

Hazel
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Hazel »

Hello @ all,

I´m a nineteen years old girl from Leipzig and I´m studying Rehabilitationspädagogik Lehramt an Sonderschulen at the moment. My subject is English and so I have been searching for people like me who want to improve their English. Now I´ve found you. :-D
I hope this conversation will go on and we can have nice chats together.
I practice shorai-do kempo (a kind of material art) in my sparetime, but because of my study I have only little time for it now. One year ago I began playing guitar but now my teacher is gone and I´m not able to learn on my own. I´m very sad about this.
This week I have a "praktikum" in a Sprachheilschool and I enjoy watching little boys and girls who learn their first English words. :)
If there is someone who needs help in german I´d really like to help him or her.

Wish you a nice evening

Doreen

@ jessi: what is the difference between "nomal" riding and western riding? Only the "Sattel"?

Antworten