How to learn effectively.
Antworten
Capulet
Bilingual Newbie

Learning English?

Beitrag von Capulet »

Hy at all!

This is my first time here.
A little bit about me. I´m 24 years old. = Oh for heavens seek, its horrified to see this number, because for two days I was 23 years old....) I live with my boyfriend in Austria, near Vienna and we have two cats. My native language is German.

Anyway, I would to improve my English. I have an English excam in October 07.
I have to speak about different themes for 15 minutes, advantages and disadvantages and last to came to a conlcusion.

But I dont think its realistic to accomplish this exam. My English is not so good and I dont know how to learn this language. I´m really despaired. I tryed all. First I bought all the grammar books from "MURPHY" Every day I studied few units and learned any vocabulary. The problem is that I have no chance to speak englisch with anybody and when I have to speak, I think HOW is the right grammar for this sentences and then I forgott all and I´m getting nervous.

What is a good way to learn English?
Do you have ideas? Or can anybody help me?

Redfrettchen
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Redfrettchen »

Hi,
you are right, to be honest, you probably won't pass that exam, unless you can learn really, really fast and use the one and a half months for your English studies only.

If you have a broadband internet connection, you should definitely make use of it for your studies; have a look at the topic I started about The Daily English Show the day before yesterday. The presenter and producer of the show compiled a list of internet material for ESL students: http://www.geocities.com/thedailyenglis ... links.html. The key is to listen and repeat, don't worry too much about making mistakes.

Best wishes,
Thomas
Check out The Daily English Show on YouTube!

Capulet
Bilingual Newbie

thank you

Beitrag von Capulet »

:D

Argentina84
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: Spanish

Beitrag von Argentina84 »

Thank you very much Thomas, for letting us know about The Daily English Show!

It's really good!

Redfrettchen
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Redfrettchen »

You are very welcome! :)
Check out The Daily English Show on YouTube!

Antworten