Hi i have a question

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
B37Z
Bilingual Newbie

Hi i have a question

Beitrag von B37Z »

I have to write an short summary of a few pages of a book can u read through it and tell me mistakes in grammer and writing errors. thx

On Page fifteen Montag reaches his house and opens the front door, while he is thinking about the discussion with Clarisse. As he enters the first room he is looking up at the ventilator grill and suddenly remembers that there is something hidden behind it. Then he has a hallucination and sees the face of Clarisse on a wall. He thinks that Clarisse is one of the few persons who can reflect someone’s light back. When he enters the sleeping room, Montag realizes very fast, that his wife tried to kill herself, because an empty bottle of sleeping tablets was lying near the bed. In shock Montag calls the hospital and a short time later two men are entering the house, they are carrying machines to replace the blood of Mildred and pump out her stomage. After the medics finished there work they demand their wages and they tell Montag that there up to teen of this cases each day. After that he leaves the house and tries to hear what they are speaking in the Clarisse’s house, because he can hear laughter from there and it’s the only house with lights on. In this situation all the feelings are falling back on him and it seems like he is mad. After that he gets back in the bedroom takes a sleeping pill and falls asleep. In the morning when he awakes Mildred’s bed was empty and Montag found her standing in the kitchen making breakfast. She questions him about why she feels so hungry and he tries to tell her what happened last night, but he does not manage to.

I think Montag sees Clarisse on the wall because she has really impressed him. Through the discussion with her he has started to think about his life and if he is really happy and for sure he isn’t. When the medics tell him that there are up to teen tries to commit suicide every day in this district, I think he realises that there is something wrong in the word he is living in. The neighbour house with the laughing persons, where Clarisse lives is a big contrast to the scene where his wife tries to kill herself. Even the end of the scene is quite crazy because he takes a sleeping pill, which nearly had killed his wife before. These sleeping pills seem to be the only possibility for the people in this world to sleep in peace.

honeykwitra
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von honeykwitra »

ligne3: he looks up
ligne6: is lying
ligne 10: their work
ligne 11: there are up to....
ligne12: in clarisse's house
lign16: mildred's bed is empty.... and montag finds her
ligne17: she questions him to know
ligne18: what happened the day before

But the whole text should be writen in preterit tense because it is the only one of the story in english.

mais le texte devrait être au prétérit car c'est le seul temps du récit en anglais!!!!!
peace and love

chell
Tongue Twister

Mistake

Beitrag von chell »

Hi!

You made a little mistake:

...there are up to teen of those cases.

chell

Antworten