to have a large share in/of sth.

Hier dreht sich alles um englische Vokabeln.
Learn more about words.
Antworten
Anachronist
Frequent Typer

to have a large share in/of sth.

Beitrag von Anachronist »

Hallo,

heisst es "to have a large share of sth." oder "to have a large share in sth." oder ist beides richtig? (Bedeutung: einen Großen Anteil an etwas haben.)

Danke

Jörg
Im alten Rom war das Verderben der Jugend ein schwerwiegendes Vergehen - Heute ist es ein eigenständiger Industriezweig.

Manhattan
Linguistic Guru
Muttersprache: German

Re: to have a large share in/of sth.

Beitrag von Manhattan »

quotation: heisst es "to have a large share of sth." oder "to have a large share in sth." oder ist beides richtig?

Ich kenn nur to have a share in sth. (hat mehrere Bedeutungen, weiß nicht ob ich alle hab :D *stöberimGedächtnis ;)* einen Beitrag zu etwas leisten, etw. mit beeinflussen und ... irgendwie zu etw. beitragen :D müsste so stimmen :lol: )
Geht ungefähr in die Richtung...

maedko

Beitrag von maedko »

"i have a large share of s.th." is correct. "i have a large share in s.th." would still get the point across, but it sounds strange to english ears.

maedko

Beitrag von maedko »

what is your problem, I HAVE ENGLISH EARS. and since i do, i KNOW that it sounds wierd the other way. y do you keep critizing all my posts? get a life

maedko

Beitrag von maedko »

actually i never thought of the that way. i guess it does sound right when u word it like that.

and my spelling? im not trying to be perfect, as long as i get the point across, ive done my job. this isnt a spellin test, so dont tell me to treat it as such.

maedko

Beitrag von maedko »

there u go again.

fine, if u really couldnt still understand it:

"i never really thought of it that way."

god, seriously, giv it up

Antworten