Learning English by Email

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Trying to Learn German
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Trying to Learn German »

Hello All,
I am a native English speaker looking to exchange email tutoring in English by exchanging daily or near daily short emails to improve my German in exchange for helping my e-pal to improve his or her English. I can help with standard English, American slang, scientific English and business English. I am probably at Mittelstufe in Deutsch.

Anyone interested? If so, please email me and we can practice writing in each other's language with the help of the other. Tschuss.
Dan

obelixx
Slow Speller

Beitrag von obelixx »

Hi...

that sounds interesting !....

how you want to start this?.... i am from austria so i could speak english.....i dont know all of the grammar...but i can use it!:..

my english is a very bad one !:....so we can try!....

mfg obelixx

L2k4
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von L2k4 »

Hi Dan,

I´m also interesting practise english by email. My english skills are not very well. But we can try it. I could help you to improve your german skills.

Post back.

Trying to Learn German
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Trying to Learn German »

Hello Newbie,
I am most happy to practice English and German with you. I think you will find that your English is probably better than my German. If I may rewrite just one sentence:
"my english skills are not very well. "
My English skills are not very good. Although everyone would understand you, what you wrote literally means that your English skills are sick.

Now you can correct my German. I read a book by an author, Krashen, who is a professor in linguistics who contends that the way to acquire a second language is by reading. On its face it makes sense, so I will try it. Do you read English as a means of learning it? Does it work for you?

Jetzt können Sie mein Deutsches korrigieren. Ich lese ein Buch durch einen Autor, Krashen, der ein Professor in der Linguistik ist, die ringt, daß die Weise, eine zweite Sprache zu erlernen durch Lesen ist. Vielleicht ist es sinnvoll, also versuche ich es. Lesen Sie Englisch als Mittel des Lernens es? Funktioniert es für Sie?

L2k4
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von L2k4 »

Hi,

first thank you for your advice. Your german is very good. But there are some simple mistakes in grammer. I have corrected the mistakes of your german text.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jetzt können Sie mein Deutsch korrigieren. Ich lese ein Buch des Autors Krashan, der ein Professor der Linguistik ist und behauptet, das man durch das Lesens eine zweite Sprache erlernen kann. Vielleicht ist es sinnvoll, deshalb versuche ich es. Lesen Sie Englisch um es zu erlernen? Funktioniert es bei Ihnen?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I just read a book in swedish because I try to learn the language. I think that is a good way to learn a second language. But the better way is to visit the country and stay there for some time.

collie
Bilingual Newbie

hi...

Beitrag von collie »

i have forgotten most of my english, since i left school. now i'd like to wake up all the words that seem to sleep somewhere in my brain :lol:
i think, you have found a great way to help each other. i'd like to try it, too.

lg, collie

maedko

Beitrag von maedko »

hi, i am also a native english speaker. i'm 15 and ive lived in ohio, usa all my life. i started learning german last year and would like an e-pal in germany just to exchange emails every day or so to improve my german and help with english. interested? send me an email.

Charly
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Charly »

hi, have you interest to improve your german by write emails still? I could help you. I'm from germany and like improve my english. My english is sadly not good but you me help it be better.

smolter1
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von smolter1 »

Hi,

my name is Sascha and I come from Germany. I´m a native German speaker and I need to learn English for my job. If there is a native English speaking Person who want´s to learn German, we can write E-mails.

best regards,

Sascha

loona
Bilingual Newbie

Re: Learning English by Email

Beitrag von loona »

Trying to Learn German hat geschrieben: Now you can correct my German. I read a book by an author, Krashen, who is a professor in linguistics who contends that the way to acquire a second language is by reading. On its face it makes sense, so I will try it. Do you read English as a means of learning it? Does it work for you?

Jetzt können Sie mein Deutsches korrigieren. Ich lese ein Buch durch einen Autor, Krashen, der ein Professor in der Linguistik ist, die ringt, daß die Weise, eine zweite Sprache zu erlernen durch Lesen ist. Vielleicht ist es sinnvoll, also versuche ich es. Lesen Sie Englisch als Mittel des Lernens es? Funktioniert es für Sie?
Sorry, that's not fair! This is from babelfish! You have only replaced a few words! I don't really think that you are learning german, are you? ... :roll:

samano
Bilingual Newbie

Learn English

Beitrag von samano »

Hi

I am very interesting because I need somebody who can correct my texts and I can also help you to correct your German texts.

Here is my E-mail:roozitalab@t-online.de

Thanks

Toronto21
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Learning English by Email

Beitrag von Toronto21 »

Trying to Learn German hat geschrieben:Jetzt können Sie mein Deutsches korrigieren. Ich lese ein Buch durch einen Autor, Krashen, der ein Professor in der Linguistik ist, die ringt, daß die Weise, eine zweite Sprache zu erlernen durch Lesen ist. Vielleicht ist es sinnvoll, also versuche ich es. Lesen Sie Englisch als Mittel des Lernens es? Funktioniert es für Sie?
That`s what I´m doing and it works pretty good. I´m reading most of my books in English. But I´d like to speak English more often.
The jazz things in life!

holiday2
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von holiday2 »

@maedko

Hi maedko!
I hope that you will read this!!!
I am German and also 15 years old. I would really like to become your e-pen-pal. Please write to holiday2@haefft.de
Yours, holiday2

P.S.: any other person around my age, especially english, are also invited to write to me!!!

Antworten