Holidays

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
raveolution
Bilingual Newbie

Holidays

Beitrag von raveolution »

Hi,

my name is Stephan. I want to practise my English, because I want to do an internship abroad next year. At present I attend a trainee program for medical documentation. Possible working areas for a medical documentalist are clinical trials. Today clinical trials are mostly multi-national studies, so a medical documentalist have to speak English very often. My English is not really bad (said my teacher :roll: ), but I have big problems with grammar.

To practise my English I want to talk with you about holidays. Where have you been this year? Where do you want to go? What's your favourite country?

And now I am starting with my last holidays: In july I was with my girlfriend in Dubai (United Arabian Emirates) for one week. (One week is really not enough for Dubai :cry: ) We were flown with Lufthansa from Hamburg via Frankfurt/Main to Dubai. The flight was ok, but the meal was not very good. We started in Hamburg at 10 A.M. and arrived in Dubai at 9 P.M.
In summer Dubai is not very expensive, because it is very hot there. We often had temperatures about 41°C and higher. But the humidity was not as high as in Germany, so you can enduring the heat.
Our hotel was in the city and it was a 4-stars-Hotel. It was directly at a high frequented road, but we could not hear anything. Our room was very big and very stylish furnished. At the first evening in Dubai we ate something in a hotel restaurant and then we went to bed.

I will tell you more about Dubai and our first whole day in Dubai next time (maybe tonight).

Bye,
Stephan

P.S.: Please do not hesitate to correct my mistakes and let me know, if something is really wrong! :wink:

Antworten