alcohol in germany not under 18, a good decision?

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten
sanschain
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

alcohol in germany not under 18, a good decision?

Beitrag von sanschain »

Well I think the way it is done now is really good and anything should be changed because a 16 year old person can start with wine and beer and after he had made his first experiences he could drink harder stuff... In my opinion it is overdrawn in the USA because every younger person is allowed to drive a car but he or she can drink alcohol with 21!!!Do you think driving a car is not as dangerous as drinking alcohol?

Darki
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Darki »

hello, I thing that driving a car and drinking alcohol isn't matchable.
I am a 17 year old girl from Austria, i started to drink with 14 or earlier and two years ago i met a nice boy (man, he is much elder as I) and he showed me the right way. But it's really unfair that we are allowed to make our driving licence with 18!!

Drinking alcohol is dangerous, driving too but both in addition is really dangerous ...

davie
Bilingual Newbie

alcohol

Beitrag von davie »

hi, i think that it does not matter what the government says about drinking age!!
if they prohibit youngsters, no matter whate age, to drink it won´t help to reduce the number of drinking "children"!
the problem is that the state can´t control whether they are drinking or not!!
if they don´t get the alcohol in bars then tehy will just go to a shop and purchase high percentgage alcohol without being asked for their age!
if they want to be drunk, they will!!!
by the way, i don´t think it´s a good decision to make the drinving licence with 16!! in austria, where i am from too, we are allowed to get the licnece even with the age of 17 and that´s young enough for a participant of the road!!!!

regards
dave

Darki
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Darki »

yes i agree with you, its really true that children get alcohol and also cigaretts without any problems. But what should/could the state do against this abuse? I thing the state should clear up all the kids about the facts of alcohol abuse and about all other addictions like smoking or taking drugs.
You have to scare children with the hard facts.

The problem is not the release of alcohol or the agelimit, but rather the children, who aren't psychically strong enought to say "no" to alcohol. The first step to a life without alcohol is the relevant clarification, done by parents or by the school.
But is this enought?

One thing is absolutely clear: you can't prevent children from doing somthing forbidden.

xyx
Bilingual Newbie

Re: alcohol in germany not under 18, a good decision?

Beitrag von xyx »

sanschain hat geschrieben:Well I think the way it is done now is really good and anything should be changed because a 16 year old person can start with wine and beer and after he had made his first experiences he could drink harder stuff... In my opinion it is overdrawn in the USA because every younger person is allowed to drive a car but he or she can drink alcohol with 21!!!Do you think driving a car is not as dangerous as drinking alcohol?
First of all, it`s not allowed to drive a car in all states in the US. Of course it`s dangerous to drive a car but they need to drive a car because of the big distances between the towns etc. If a teenager at the age of 16 can`t drive he has to stay at home all day. How boring, isn`t it?... Well my opinion... :freak2:

Darki
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Darki »

well, thats a good reason why they are allowed to drive in some us states, but here in austria is the situation matchable to the situation in the US because the distance from one town to the next isn't a short one (countries, not in big cities).

The main reason here in austria is that the whole state is too small. so all federal states have to practice the same rules.

xyx
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von xyx »

I think that`s true, but I think the distances in Austria, which isn`t as big as the US of course, aren`t that big... I don`t live there but I live almost there(Switzerland). :wink:

mike_tnt
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von mike_tnt »

Hello I´m from Germany. In my opinion the mainly problem is, that drinking alcohol is such a normal thing in our country. I´m from Bavaria and nearly every man drinks beer and a lot of them drink very much beer. You can tell the childs that alcohol is very dangerous but how can they believe in your words when everybody of the adult people use to drink alcohol every day?

aerox
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von aerox »

I readed good arguments against drinking alcohol with 16 years.
Drinking Alcohol with 21 and get the drive licence with 16 is a nice idea, also if its only for school.
Because, when its allowed to drink alcohol with 16 some 14 oder 15 years childs will try alcohol and drink it auricularly. But if alcohol is allowed only for 21 years old people, the 14-16 years old childs will see a diffrent with 5 years, u know. So if they drink regardless they have to be hidden. And so they wouldn't drive with 18 a car and make a accident.
I'm german, but i want to go to America.

Who can give me advice ? ;)

missie
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von missie »

Driving cars here (Germany) and in USA are two different things. For example: USA have much more civil speeds and very harder penalties if someone breaks a speed limit. And drinking alcohol here and in USA is seriously comporable with Germany.

Bella

:read: Correct my mistakes, please...

Mister
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Mister »

my opinion: alkohol 21 y/o

driving: let kids make their own money - then they can drive

it is easy to go to mom and dad and ask for fuel money

Jazz
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Bosnian

Beitrag von Jazz »

I think it is. Some of them aren't mature even with 18. I agree with Mister, they can drive and drink alcohol, but with their own money.

BFM
Topic Talker

Beitrag von BFM »

First, i think its better to "learn" drinking first and then driving.
Second, it doesn't matter if you're allowed to drink at the age of 16 or 18.

We start earlier than we're allowed to anyway.

-JÄNS- xD
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von -JÄNS- xD »

Hi guys, i´m new here.
I´m 17 and i think it´s quite good here in germany. I also tried alcohol for the first time when i was 14 or sth. like that and it was a good experience. If you aren´t allowed to drink with 16 or 18, i think there´ll be even more kids who want to try it because things which aren´t allowed you always want to do. :angel:
And the driving licence with 18 is also ok, although i´d like to do it earlier :lol:

greetings
Jens

Amerikaner9
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von Amerikaner9 »

Hello everyone. I'm new here too and im from America.
I've never been to Germay, but i know that here in America, alcohol abuse is high, especially among teens. Everyone in my school drinks, but honestly, I agree with the laws here. By the way I do not drink alcohol at all.

Antworten