'letter of recommendation'

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Mayk Usta
Bilingual Newbie

'letter of recommendation'

Beitrag von Mayk Usta »

Hi,
i have to writa a letter of recommendation.
So far i have finished writing it but need your help for correction.

Thanks!

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this reference letter at the request of Mr. X. He has asked me to write this general letter which he may show to any prospective University who asks him for references.

I have known Mr. X for two years in my capacity as a professor of the University of Bremen. He took two courses from me, including ‚macroeconomics’ and ‚economic policy and international economic relations’. Mr. X earned good grades, respectively, in those courses. Based on Mr. X's grades, along with his good attendance and class participation, I'd rate Mr. X’s performance in my course as good.

Mr. X has a number of strengths to offer. He is also successfully enrolled at the Open University of Eskisehir (Turkey). At this point of view a semester in Australia would fit excellently in the internationality of his education.

In conclusion, I would highly recommend Mr. X. If his performance in my courses is any indication of how he'd perform in graduate school, Mr. X will be a positive addition to your study abroad program.

Sincerely yours,

NAME
TITLE

licorice_lilly
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: german

Beitrag von licorice_lilly »

Hallo!

ich habe im text einige kleine veränderungen vorgenommen and 2 weitere bemerkungen angefügt... ich hoffe das hilft weiter!

grüsse,
marie

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter of recommendation at the request of Mr. X. He asked me to write this letter, which he could show to any prospective University that asks him for references.

I have known Mr. X for two years in my capacity as a professor of the University of Bremen. He took two of my courses, ‚macroeconomics’ and ‚economic policy and international economic relations’. Mr. X earned good grades in those courses. Based on Mr. X's grades, along with his good attendance and class participation, I'd rate Mr. X’s performance in my course as good.(siehe bemerkung unten)

Mr. X has a number of strengths to offer(hier sollten beispiele aufgeführt sein). He is also enrolled at the Open University of Eskisehir (Turkey). At this point in time a semester in Australia would fit in perfectly with the international character of his education.

In conclusion, I would highly recommend Mr. X. If his performance in my courses is any indication of how he'd perform in a graduate school, Mr. X will be a positive addition to your study abroad program.

Sincerely yours,

NAME
TITLE

'I'd rate Mr. X’s performance in my course as good ' klingt nicht sehr begaeistert von der leistung... ist eine positivere bewertung gewünscht wäre z.b. 'I'd rate Mr. X’s performance in my course as excellent'

Mayk Usta
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Mayk Usta »

Hallo Marrie,
erstmal riesen Dank für deine Mühe.

Hier nochmal die Punkte:

Mr. X has a number of strengths to offer(hier sollten beispiele aufgeführt sein)...
Was hälst du von...

Ability to solve problems constructively and good time management are only a part of a number of strengths to offer by Mr. X. He is also enrolled at the Open University of Eskisehir (Turkey). At this point in time a semester in Australia would fit in perfectly with the international character of his education.

'I'd rate Mr. X’s performance in my course as good ' klingt nicht sehr begaeistert von der leistung... ist eine positivere bewertung gewünscht wäre z.b. 'I'd rate Mr. X’s performance in my course as excellent'

Das Problem ist doch, dass ich "good grades in those courses. Based on Mr. X's grades, along with his good attendance and class participation" geschrieben habe.
Da kann ich doch nicht von einer exzellenten Gesamtperformance sprechen?!

Ich glaube "I'd rate Mr. X’s performance in my course as above-average." reicht aus, oder?!

Danke nochmals für deine Antworten :freu:

licorice_lilly
Frequent Typer

hallo!

gern geschehen! hier meine meinung zu deinen beiden fragen:

zum ersten punkt:

deine ideen sind gut, formulieren würde ich es so:

Mr. X has a number of strengths to offer, for example the ability to solve problems constructively and good time management.

zum zweiten punkt:

ich würde daraus 'along with his consistent attendance and active class participation' machen und das excellent beibehalten. eine einschätzung beruht eben nur zum teil auf der tatsächlichen benotung sondern zum grossen teil auch der persönlichen beurteilung des beurteilenden. eine exzellente einstufung kann also durchaus gerechtfertigt sein....

Mayk Usta
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Mayk Usta »

Jep, also hier die finale Version:

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter of recommendation at the request of Mr. X. He asked me to write this letter, which he could show to any prospective University that asks him for references.

I have known Mr. X for two years in my capacity as a professor of the University of Bremen. He took two of my courses, ‚macroeconomics’ and ‚economic policy and international economic relations’. Mr. X earned good grades in those courses. Based on Mr. X's grades, along with his consistent attendance and active class participation, I'd rate Mr. X’s performance in my course as excellent.

Mr. X has a number of strengths to offer, for example the ability to solve problems constructively and good time management. He is also enrolled at the Open University of Eskisehir (Turkey). At this point in time a semester in Australia would fit in perfectly with the international character of his education.

In conclusion, I would highly recommend Mr. X. If his performance in my courses is any indication of how he'd perform in a graduate school, Mr. X will be a positive addition to your study abroad program.

Sincerely yours,

NAME
TITLE

Ich glaube so ist das gut gelungen.

Vielen Dank nochmals... :watch:

licorice_lilly
Frequent Typer

gern geschehen!!! viel erfolg!!!!

marie

Antworten