Could someone correct my short letter?

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
hansli
Bilingual Newbie

Could someone correct my short letter?

Beitrag von hansli »

In our college we had to write a short letter and now, I would be very happy, if someone could correct my mystakes.

Thank you

A letter of complaint

Dear Mr. Burns

I have just returned from the holiday in Rome and it was unfortunately not what I expected. My friends from Zurich and Basel said the same.
As soon as we arrived at the airport, we couldn’t see a coach. We looked for a while but there was nobody waiting for us, so we decided to find our hotel self. We also needed taxis for this search, but they were so expensive that we did not have enough money for the dinner and we had to eat bread. At the second day, we wanted to go to the beach, but there were miles and I got wound foots. The rooms were rather small for three people of us, very dirty and there were no clean towels for the whole two weeks! It was very crowded and loud although you described it as “quiet”.
I hope I will become some of my money back because I didn’t like it and I will never more book a holiday by you.

Regards,

assja
Bilingual Newbie

Re: Could someone correct my short letter?

Beitrag von assja »

hansli hat geschrieben: Dear Mr. Burns

I have just returned from the holiday in Rome and it was unfortunately not what I expected. My friends from Zurich and Basel said the same.
As soon as we arrived at the airport, we couldn’t see a coach. We looked for a while but there was nobody waiting for us, so we decided to find our hotel on our own. We also needed taxis for this search, but they were so expensive that we did not have enough money for the dinner and we had to eat bread. At the second day, we wanted to go to the beach, but it was miles away and I got wound feet. The rooms were rather small for three people of us, very dirty and there were no clean towels for the whole two weeks! It was very crowded and loud although you described it as “quiet”.
I hope I will get some of my money back because I didn’t like it and I won't never book a holiday by you again.

Regards,

Das wären mal meine Vorschläge

confused
Slow Speller

Beitrag von confused »

Assja's proposal sounds good... but I've found two things, I'm not really happy with:

1. "... and I won't ever book a holiday again, that was arranged by you."

2. "... and I got wound feet." ??

No1 should be clear... at first, I guess, it's just a typing error, the second part is a matter of taste.

No2 is more difficult... I have no other solution - or let's say, nothing better... but I'm not sure, if that one's possible?!

Are you sure, Assja?
oO

boert

Beitrag von boert »

A letter of complaint

Dear Mr. Burns

I have just returned from the holiday in Rome (alternative: ...from a vacation to Rome) and it was unfortunately not what I expected. My friends from Zurich and Basel agreed (with me).
When we arrived at the airport, we couldn’t see a coach. We watched out for a while but there was nobody waiting for us, so we decided to find our hotel on our own. We also needed a taxi for this search, but they were so expensive that we did not have enough money for the dinner and we had to eat bread. On the second day, we wanted to go to the beach, but it was was miles away and I got footsore. The rooms were rather small for three people (just "three people" OR "the three of us"), very dirty and there were no clean towels for the whole two weeks! It was very crowded and loud, although you described it as “quiet”.
I hope I will get back some of my money, because I didn’t enjoy the trip and I will never again book a holiday at your store ... or something like this.

Regards,

hansli
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von hansli »

Ok, thank you for your useful answers. I hope you can help me sometime again.

Best regards,
hansli

assja
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von assja »

confused hat geschrieben:Assja's proposal sounds good... but I've found two things, I'm not really happy with:

1. "... and I won't ever book a holiday again, that was arranged by you."

2. "... and I got wound feet." ??

No1 should be clear... at first, I guess, it's just a typing error, the second part is a matter of taste.

No2 is more difficult... I have no other solution - or let's say, nothing better... but I'm not sure, if that one's possible?!

Are you sure, Assja?
Of course, it's a typing error. I'm sorry.
You're right maybe "sore feet" is better.

Antworten