I want to improve my english

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Wallstreetangel
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

I want to improve my english

Beitrag von Wallstreetangel »

I want to improve my English.I am looking for people (maybe native speakers) who can helps me.
Thanks.
Zuletzt geändert von Wallstreetangel am 22. Jul 2006 04:49, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

IceNomad
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von IceNomad »

That's great! I'm a native speaker of English, so I can try to help you out. I know how difficult it can be to pick up a new language (I'm struggling with some aspects of German myself).

How good would you say you are with English right now? If you're a bit uncomfortable with spoken English, I would suggest listening to radio and television broadcasts in English. The BBC has many online radio stations that cover various topics. If you want to expand your vocabulary, I would suggest reading a major US newspaper (such as the New York Times or Washington Post online. Also, books are a wonderful way to improve vocabulary. Underline the words that you don't know and look them up in a dictionary. You can even have the words spoken for pronunciation purposes at the Merriam-Webster site. Try watching English films without the subtitles. You may not catch everything, but you can generally understand where the plot is headed. Write letters in English, and have people who know a lot about the language correct any mistakes that you make.

I think that the most important part of English for the non-native speaker is the listening. Listen to as much spoken English as you can, and you will find that your abilities improve quickly. The reading and the writing will come naturally over time, but the listening is sometimes difficult.

Don't worry too much about the grammar--even native speakers like me have trouble with some parts of it. Never be afraid to ask for help. Most people will gladly give you assistance with the language.

English-Learner
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von English-Learner »

Hello to all users of this forum.

@ IceNomad:
Did I understand right? English is your mother-tongue? When I came to this forum for the first time, I did not really expect that there are native speaker here, I thought this is a forum where people who want to learn English are taught by people who are really good in English. But I think it's good that there are native speaker here, because they can help the people here in learning English and they can also learn another language (German for example).

I came here to talk to other people in English, so I can improve my English and maybe expand my vocabulary. I don't want to lose the English I learned at school, I don't want to lose it at all. English is very important for me, it's nearly spoken in every country of the world.

Well, I hope I'll have fun here and I hope you too. I'm very happy to be a member of this community.

Have a nice day,
Bye

khrthik
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: tamil

Beitrag von khrthik »

hi please help me. I am much struggling to improve english communication. am also searched many of the things related to this but i didn't get any thing related to this. even i won't get initial step suggest me to step it in that. what can i do.

deadcat
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: english

Re: I want to improve my english

Beitrag von deadcat »

Wallstreetangel hat geschrieben:I want to improve my English.I am looking for people (maybe native speakers) who can helps me.
Thanks.
Cool we're here, by the way it's "I am looking for people who can help (no "s") me" what kind of english do you want to learn, they're basically the same but if you're going to Britan you'd probably be better off learning from BBC or something, while American English is more like off "Jerry Springer" and programs like that. what ever you do, you should watch English TV (something you enjoy)

Antworten