letter of application

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
andi2k
Bilingual Newbie

letter of application

Beitrag von andi2k »

hi folks,
can anybody please have a look over this letter of application?
i am applying for an internship, but i don't know a contact person in that company ..

Dear Ladies and Gentleman,
I am a third year student of Computer Science looking for a internship in the field of Embedded and Distributed Systems. At the moment, I am studying at the Technical University of XYZ, Germany. To become more open to practical problems related to Embedded Systems and to gain more experience in the field, I would very much like to join your company for an internship for six months starting in October or November 2006.
My main subjects include it-security, telematics and distributed systems. I am hardworking, organized and always willing to take on new challenging tasks. As the enclosed resume shows, I have already had considerable practical experience.
The importance of international mobility for students is becoming increasingly emphasized and I am very eager to gain practical experience by working abroad.
I would very much welcome the opportunity to do my internship in your organisation and would appreciate your prompt reply. If you need further documents, I can send them to you likewise gladly.
I thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.

Yours faithfully

andi2k

any suggestions and comments are very welcome :-)

regards
andi

discipulusrob
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von discipulusrob »

Hey..!

In my opinion this letter of application is absolutely brilliant, in case you need a short but informing letter!

There is only one mistake..: "Ladies and Gentlem E n.." :wink1: ...they will appreciate that..!

See you.., discip

andi2k
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von andi2k »

hi,
i already corrected this .. thank you very much!

good to hear, that you like this letter ... :-)

regards
andi

kleine
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von kleine »

Hey

I found a mistake>

"for an internship" in the first sentence...

Regards

Kleine
Freunde sind wie Sterne, du kannst sie nicht immer sehen, aber sie sind immer da!!!

andi2k
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von andi2k »

hey,
@kleine thanks for this .. corrected this as well!

another question:
is it better to say "If you need further documents, I can send them to you likewise gladly." or better to say for instance "If you need any other documents .." ..
i am not sure if further is the best choice?!

regards
andi

Rinoa89
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von Rinoa89 »

I agree with the above edits and the fact that this is a very well done well written paper. Nice job!

A very good idea would be to go with your first choice only use "documentation", since it sounds better. Also, since documentation could be plural, depending on how much may be needed, it may sound better if you say "I can send what's needed to you..."

hope that helps

Antworten