It was so embarrassing!

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Yubei
Bilingual Newbie

It was so embarrassing!

Beitrag von Yubei »

It was so embarrassing yesterday. :(
I met an American in the Street. He asked me, how he should go to the City Centre. I could understand what he told about, and I knew the way to the City Centre too. But I could not describe it in English, because I was very nervous.
I really feel frustrated about it.

PS.: If I have written something wrong here, please correct my errors. I will be very happy about it.

boert

Beitrag von boert »

Don't worry, I had and sometimes still have the same problem.

The practical experience is missing, especially when it comes to a sudden conversation.
And it's gettin even more embarrasing when you're searching for the right expressions while talking.

But reading here is the first step and you will automaticly become more and more confident when you actually use the language with all its facings and "dirty tricks".

sweety-deluxe
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: deutsch

Beitrag von sweety-deluxe »

if you think to much about the right choice of words and the right grammar,you´ll bee nervous and frustrated ever.don´t be afraid of making mistakes,he would have understood your englisch even if it wasn´t good or right.
if you just have fun and just talk,no matter what mistakes you make,then you´ll get used´to it and i guess that may improve your englisch also

Yubei
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Yubei »

Thank you for your encouraging. I think that I need more vocabulary too. And you are right. I need the practical exercises.

Antworten