help!!!

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
candy513
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Chinese

help!!!

Beitrag von candy513 »

hello everybody, i have a problem now. i have to write Erörterung next monday. but my germen is really not so good, i think my english is better than my germen

so what about telling me how to write it. i have some ideas of writing it, but i am not so sure if it is right. here are my opinions:

1 i write the opinion of the writer's
2 point what are the expamles(Argumente) that the writer used in his article
3 i write my opinions
4 the expamles to prove my opinions

that's all i know, is that okay? i think i have some mistakes and something i forget, could you guys help me out here?

thank you so much!!!

MLS
Story Teller
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von MLS »

Hi and welcome!

Well, it is not that easy to explain what you have to do, as there are different types of "Erörterungen" (= discussions). I guess (and hope) that you have to write it the way I had to do it several years ago.
Please think of the following task: "Fast food restaurants become more and more popular, especially among young people. Write a discussion."

What we had to do was the following: We needed to discuss at least three advantages and disadvantges of fast food restaurants. At the end a brief summary of all points and the own opinion was asked. We had to begin with weak arguments and finish the wohle essay with the strongest one.

You can either to it this way: Pro, con, pro, con, pro, con or that way: Pro, pro, pro, con, con, con. (You can start with counterarguments as well. It depends on you. I would begin with the one that does not mirror my own opinion. So if you believe, that fast food restaurants are something good, then start with the disadvantages so that you can give your strongest pro-argument at the very end).

My essay-structure would look like this:
- Short introduction: What are fast food restaurants?

- pro: You can have your meal very fast
- pro: You do not need to cook by yourself
- pro: It is not soo expansive

- con: fast food is unhealty if you eat it almost everyday
- con: overweight
- con: (artificial) gustatory substances

(there are, of course, better arguments...but that should be enough to demonstrate what I mean)
- brief summary of all points (do not repeat them all detailed)
- your own opinion about fast food restaurants

I hope that helps. If you still have problems then do not hesitate to ask.

candy513
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von candy513 »

thank you so much for doing this for me, it helps a loooooooooot, i really appreciate that. :D

i know it's not so easy to do cause some of my classmates have the same problem although they are germens. but anyway, i am not a germen, so maybe the teacher won't be so strict to me.

and i will do my best! wish me luck next monday,hehe~~ i hope i can write more than 100 words... :rolleyes:

again, thank you so much,MLS. i will ask when i get problems

MLS
Story Teller

Beitrag von MLS »

Hey, no problem!
I am here to help and I hope that your teacher will ask for that kind of discussion!
Good luck on monday!

candy513
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von candy513 »

i asked one of my classmates, he said what you wrote is another kind of disscussion, what we need to do is "Texteroeterung", we get one text from the teacher, then read it, then write the disscussion,do you have any idea of this?

this is what he said to me:

Einleitung:it is including the author's name and when did he write the text, and what is the text about

Analyse: this is really killing me, i don't know how to do it.

use my examples to prove my opinion: i think with this i can use what you wrote, something like "con con con pro pro pro"

point out my opinion

that's all i get at the moment, is this alright for the textoerterung?

MLS
Story Teller

Beitrag von MLS »

Ok, I understand. Hmm.... it is not easy to explain every step you have to take.
Have a lot at the following links and try to understand what they tell you about Texterörterungen. Maybe they will help you to understand your task better.

How to write a Texterörterung.

Here you find all the steps you have to do (too) detailed.

Mindmap with short explanations what you have to do.

Hereyou'll find several tasks for Erörterungen and a short explanation of the different steps as well.

Good luck!

candy513
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von candy513 »

thank you my friend, that's really a lot of information for me, it seems i have a lot to do this weekend, i will do my best! :angel:

tonight i have to learn the music cause i have a exam tormorrow morning :read: poor me!

Antworten