Hello from Washington! (the state)

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Rehpotsirhcj
Bilingual Newbie

Hello from Washington! (the state)

Beitrag von Rehpotsirhcj »

Hello everyone.
My name is Chris and I live in the Pacific Northwest portion of the United States. I ran across this forum while searching Google and thought I might be of some help. I don't have time for regular email correspondence, but if anyone would like to correspond via post I'd be happy to help with any language, cultural, or historical questions; or simply provide an English-speaking recipient. I do have an alteria motive in that I'm looking to learn Deutsch myself. :wink:
Anyway, please feel free to send me an email if you're interested.
This appears to be a great forum for English study and I look forward to following the threads.
Thanks much,
-Chris

Manni
Bilingual Newbie

Re: Hello from Washington! (the state)

Beitrag von Manni »

Hi Chris

I'm Manfred from Heinsberg. Heinsberg is in Germany at the border to the netherland. Exactly between Aachen, Mönchengladbach and Düsseldorf.
I need English in my job. To improve me school-english I searching for different kinds of english learning. Perhaps this is a good idea to write English via post. :lol:
Ciao
Manfred
.......... Die Macht ist.................
................mit Dir.....................

Rehpotsirhcj
Bilingual Newbie

Hallo Manfred

Hi there Manfred,
I'll be happy to help you with your English. I look forward to hearing from you. Between music and science it looks as though we may have some things in common. Send me an Email and we can work out the specifics, i.e. writing/receiving language of choice, addresses etc.

-Chris

Manhattan
Linguistic Guru
Muttersprache: German

Re: Hallo Manfred

Beitrag von Manhattan »

What means i.e.? I only know e.g. ;)

Baschtel
Topic Talker

Re: Hallo Manfred

Beitrag von Baschtel »

Manhattan hat geschrieben:What means i.e.? I only know e.g. ;)
The abbreviation "i.e" stands for "it means"; consequently, it's used to explain something (more accurately). ;)

Nitro991
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: english

Re: Hello from Washington! (the state)

Beitrag von Nitro991 »

Rehpotsirhcj hat geschrieben:Hello everyone.
My name is Chris and I live in the Pacific Northwest portion of the United States. I ran across this forum while searching Google and thought I might be of some help. I don't have time for regular email correspondence, but if anyone would like to correspond via post I'd be happy to help with any language, cultural, or historical questions; or simply provide an English-speaking recipient. I do have an alteria motive in that I'm looking to learn Deutsch myself. :wink:
Anyway, please feel free to send me an email if you're interested.
This appears to be a great forum for English study and I look forward to following the threads.
Thanks much,
-Chris
Hey Chris,

how are you doing? I just wanted to ask if you like it in WA state? I mean how's seattle and everything around it? I already know a guy from olympia/wa. I met him at another forum.
So i hope you'll be good at deutsch soon!

Cu Stefan

Rehpotsirhcj
Bilingual Newbie

Hi there Stefan,
I'm doing great.
I do like Washington. I was born here and I imagine I'll retire here as well. I lived in Redmond for a few years, which is close to Seattle, and loved it. Plenty of rain and a mild climate; it seems as though anything will grow on the west side of the state. I also liked being close enough to Seattle to enjoy the events and people, but far enough away that I could live quietly as well. I live on the east side of the Cascade Mountains now. The east side is in a rain shadow so it’s a very dry sage-step climate. To be honest, I miss the west side, but my work is here so for the moment this is where I'll stay.
As far as being good at Deutsch…I think most of the people in this forum are far more proficient in their use of English than I could hope to be in German any time soon. When I become proficient enough to read the posts in the other areas I may actually be of some help. Until then I'm just another lurker. :wink:

See ya,
-Chris.

Antworten