Computer language

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
une etoile
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

Computer language

Beitrag von une etoile »

English and Computer have seemed to go together.

why do you think is that so?

Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

I think you mean that most computer languages are made up of English words and commands, don't you?

I think that's because of the developement of the computer industry. See: The first great computer companies started in the USA, Silicon Valley more exactly. So it's just a natural result that most computer languages base on the English language.
Furthermore ,as I aready mentioned in another thread about English as a global language, English is a language many people understand so this makes it easier for companies that have places of business and legal seat everywhere in the world.

Is this phrase correct? I found it in a dictionary and it sounds very strange to me.
edit:
I corrected a typing mistake...
Zuletzt geändert von Gast am 16. Feb 2006 22:19, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Rinoa89
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von Rinoa89 »

anybody hat geschrieben:I think you mean that most computer languages are made up of English words and commands, don't you?

I think that's because of the developement of the computer industry. See: The first great computer companies started in the USA, Silicon Valley more exactly. So it's just a natural result that most computer languages base on the English language.
Furthermore ,as I aready mentioned in another thread about English as a global language, English is a language many people understand so this makes it easier for companies that have places of business and legal seat everywhere in the world.

Is this phrase correct? I found it in a dictionary and it sound very strange to me.
Yea, that is a very strange phrase. I would say something like "for companies who are spread across the world" or something like that. It might be right, but it would be a very odd phrase to use.

Froop
Topic Talker

Re: Computer language

Beitrag von Froop »

une etoile hat geschrieben:English and Computer have seemed to go together.

why do you think is that so?
Vielleicht haben die sich einfach so lieb :zpop:
Please correct my postings, I wanna know every mistake I produce!

une etoile
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von une etoile »

the hardware and the software reflected the needs of English language, why is that so?
"English will continue to be spread via software products" have you got some examples for me?

une etoile
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von une etoile »

is there nobody who could help me :( ?
asian sensation

dave-it
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: german

Beitrag von dave-it »

Well some of it might be because the Internet mainly started in the US. The united States Defense department funded the development of the Internet because they looked at it as a way to stay connected with their top scientists at different universities during war time. So, since it started in the US most of it was, I guess, english.
But, the second most common "computer language" is German, by the way.

Antworten