Idioms

Alles zu Liedern, Filmen und anderen "netten" Sachen.
All about songs, films etc.
Antworten
Marsellus Wallace
Bilingual Newbie

Idioms

Beitrag von Marsellus Wallace »

hi all,
sometimes i try to translate some songs.
the problem are the idioms that i don´t know how to translate, i hope i can find find some help here :?:

1. f**k the presents, might as well throw ´em out

2. f**k all those kisses, they didn´t mean jack

3. you hoe (Hackfresse :?: )

i also was grateful for link to a good translating-side. those who i used so far haven´t been very helpful.

thank you all
Quit livin´on dreams, live is not what it seems!

Kid A
Topic Talker

Beitrag von Kid A »

I'm sorry I cannot translate your sentences, because my vocabulary is not that big. But I'd like to know who sings such things? These lyrics seem very -undifferenziert- to me.
Oh, I've just noticed I probably can translate one line:
F**k diese ganzen Küsse, die waren nicht für Jack gedacht.

English lyrics always sound bad in German, I think.

Hey! You're from the Saarland? I live there, too! In which city or village do you live?

(I know that's offtopic, I'm awfully sorry :oops: )
-Life is for living-

nimloth
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von nimloth »

hi everybody,

the first sentence could be translated like this:F*** die Geschenke,du kannst sie auch gleich wegwerfen.
the short from of them is rather informal,so you could also say "schmeiß se doch gleich weg"

A very good translating site is http://www.leo.org..they have a huge online dictionary for English and also French.
Those lines..what's the artist called and what kind of music does he play?
*all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you*

Sidious
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Sidious »

yeah dict.leo.org is the best site to use for translating stuff and they have every widely used idiom also in their database and people can add words to their database or could they their reorganzing that but anyways very good database :P

Marsellus Wallace
Bilingual Newbie

hi all,
i´m really happy to be online again & i hate my f*****g router.
thx for your replies!

@ Kid A:
it´s not the name Jack, it means something else. on the side i used ( http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box ) the word was translated as "Steckfassung", in my dictionary i found different possibilities like, "Wagenheber" or "an/heben".
--> yeah man, i´m saarländer, es kann nur einen geben! :D
i live in ottweiler, where are you from? it´s no prob for me getting asked things offtopic.

@ nimloth:
thx for your translation, i think that´s it!
the artists name is "eamon", the songs name is "f**k it!" and it´s the only song that i know from this guy. his ex-girlfriend is singing the same text, but i didn´t hear her version up to now. here you can find texts from many songs http://www.lyrix.at/

@ Sidious
thx for your info, i´ll check it out!

cu

Marsellus Wallace

Kid A
Topic Talker

Beitrag von Kid A »

Oh, well, F**k it. Very clever song. Don't feel offended, but I f**k that song. :x

I live in Rissenthal, very little village near Losheim. And yes, you're right. Nothing better than beeing a Saarländer. :wink:
-Life is for living-

nimloth
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von nimloth »

.. :lol: Little patriots you are!*g*

His ex-girlfriend sings the same lyrics?Sorry..but..this is kinda stupid.
It's alright what the singer sings if he expresses his feelings,I cannot tell if this is so.But it's just so damn stupid when his ex releases her version shortly afterwards.Commercial reasons?Nooo!!Record company?Nooo!!It's all honest and true feelings and I don't wanna be offended by my ex-boyfriend.. :twisted:

Marsellus Wallace
Bilingual Newbie

@ nimloth
i think they released the songs at the same time, just to see who´ll have more succes :roll:
they even wrote the song together, while they split up.
but her version is unknown, i think the guy won the game!

the singer of no doubt did something similar, she wrote the song
" Don´t Speak " about, and as much as i know with her ex-boyfriend, who is with her in the band.

i would like to have their problems, so i would have none!

@ Kid A
Losheim is great, sometimes i´ll go to the lake and have party, bangin´around, you know. :twisted:
some friends and i go to the bostalsee next weekend, it´s also very nice there!
i´m not offended, i like that song, because i had to make the same experience, when i heard the song the first time, i thought this one is written for me. it´s exactly my story!

cu

Kid A
Topic Talker

Beitrag von Kid A »

Not any commercial song could be my story. There are so many other artists who reallyreallyreally just want to express their feelings and not make money with their private-life. That's honesty in my eyes. That's music like it should be. That is true. You're pissed of by your ex-friend or something? Listen to "Love is hell Pt. 1&2" by Ryan Adams. There you'll find comfort.
Eamon is just a liar, but everyone believes his story because he's got a good beat, yeah, and a cool voice and cool rhythms. He's got nothing in my eyes. Not even a true story. He wants to sing about his life? Well, he should get one first.

Ohh, I'm sorry. I cannot stop myself from writing such things over and over again. It has nothing to do with you, Marsellus, I swear. My opinion might be intolerant, but I know that. Please don't feel offended. I like you- you're a Saarländer. :D :D :D :D
-Life is for living-

Marsellus Wallace
Bilingual Newbie

that´s your opinion, o.k., i can stand it! :wink:
but, i like stuff from the charts.
and saarländers must stick together. :D

nimloth
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von nimloth »

Kid A hat geschrieben:He wants to sing about his life? Well, he should get one first.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MellonCollie
Bilingual Newbie

Re: Idioms

Beitrag von MellonCollie »

Marsellus Wallace hat geschrieben: 2. f**k all those kisses, they didn´t mean jack
l
jack got several meanings in english...as far as I remember from hearing rap in the early 90ties it can be an expression for homicide...
in that context I guess it basically means that it wasn't worh a thing...

Antworten