hello...

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Little Butterfly
Slow Speller

hello...

Beitrag von Little Butterfly »

Hello everybody,
I'm new here, and I'm learning English at school about two years.
But I think, I cant' express me very good and that my English is a bit dull. However, I do my best that my English So, I'll be very happy, if somebody could correct my mistakes (that's the reason why I'm here ^^)... but only if he/she wants!!

For Monday, I have to write a little text about my ideal holiday...
So, I give you the text I've write and hope, that somebody could correct some mistakes or tell me his opinion about this text!
Thank you!!!! :) :) :)

My kind of holiday

I love going in holidays and discovering new people, customs and cultures! But up to now, I wasn’t very far away from my country. The furthest place I ever was, is Italy!
However, I’ve a precise idea about my ideal holiday:

I must say, that I’m very interested on the Orient and countries like Turkey and Saudi-Arabia.
So it isn’t surprising that my ideal holiday is a trip across some of these countries.
I would travel there by plane (perhaps in September or October because then it isn’t so hot) and stay in some comfortable hotels with an air conditioner (that’s very important, because I don’t have envy to die by hotness). But only staying at the hotel, lying on the beaches and sunbathe isn’t for me the essential of a good holiday because you don’t get to know the country him-self! If you don’t reconnoitre the place where you are staying, you can’t get an impression of it (and even a wrong!)
Therefore, for me a very good holiday is a mixture between cultural excursions and much free time! (p.ex: time for reading, shopping, taking photos...)
So, first of all, I would travel to Turkey and try a doner kebab (this Turkish speciality), because I d’ like to know, if these kebabs taste better or worse than in Luxembourg!
I also would go in a Turkish bathhouse, called Hammam and visit the Halikarnassos mausoleum (one of the seven wonders of the world).
Then, I would travel to Saudi-Arabia and stay for one week at this gorgeous hotel, The Burj Al Arab! Of course, I would explore the traditional bazaar and try to haggle with the traders-but I’m not sure if that would be successful, because up to now, I don’t know, how to haggle correctly...
Perhaps, I would try to learn belly dance, but I think one week wouldn’t suffice to learn it!
At the end of my trip, I would send some postcards to my friends and call my parents for saying that everything is right, and that I’m coming home…

kleine
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von kleine »

Hi Little Butterfly,

I love going on holiday and to discover new people, customs and cultures! But until now, I wasn't very far away from my own country. The furthest place I have ever been to, is Italy!
However, I've a precise idea about my ideal holiday:

I have to admit, that I'm very interested in the Orient and countries like Turkey and Saudi-Arabia.
So it isn't surprising that my ideal holiday would be a trip across some of those countries.
I would like to travel there by plane (perhaps in September or October, because then it isn't so hot) and stay in some comfortable hotels with an air conditioner (that's very important to me, because I don't wanna melt). But only staying at the hotel, lying on the beaches and sunbathing isn't my imagination of a good vacation, because you don't get to know the country itself! If you don’t discover the place where you stay, you can’t get an impression of it (and even a wrong!)
Therefore, my opinion of a very good holiday is a mixture between cultural excursions and much free time! (p.ex: time for reading, shopping, taking photos...)
So, first of all, I would travel to Turkey and try a doner kebab (this Turkish speciality), because I d’ like to know, if these kebabs taste better or worse than in Luxembourg!
I also would go in a Turkish bathhouse, called Hammam and visit the Halikarnassos mausoleum (one of the seven wonders of the world).
I also would travel to Saudi-Arabia and stay for one week at this gorgeous hotel, The Burj Al Arab! Of course, I would explore the traditional bazaar and try to haggle with the traders-but I’m not sure if that would be successful, because until now, I don’t know, how to haggle correctly...
Perhaps, I would try to learn belly dance, but I think one week wouldn’t be enough to learn it!
In the end of my trip, I would send some postcards to my friends and call my parents to tell them that everything is all right, and that I’m gonna come home…
Freunde sind wie Sterne, du kannst sie nicht immer sehen, aber sie sind immer da!!!

Little Butterfly
Slow Speller

Thanks!

Hy kleine! :)
Thanks for your help!!!!
:freu: :freu:

kleine
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von kleine »

Hi Little Butterfly

please correct following:

gonna=going to

wanna=want to

it's slang and your teacher could tell you that this isn't proper english.

Good luck though

Vera
Freunde sind wie Sterne, du kannst sie nicht immer sehen, aber sie sind immer da!!!

Little Butterfly
Slow Speller

:)

Ok Vera,
I'm going to do that!!!
Thanks a lot! :) :) :) :)
Jenny

Little Butterfly
Slow Speller

Hallo...
Ich bin's mal wieder...
mit nem neuen Text :lol:

Wir müssen was über ein gutes Buch in Form von einer Unterhaltung schreiben...
Könnte vielleicht jem. die groben Grammatik/Zeitenfehler korrigieren? Wäre gaanz lieb von euch!! Danke!
Hoffe, dass jem. sich die Zeit nimmt!

Thanks a lot!!!! :D

Jenny :uppy: :)

X: Hey! Just imagine what I’ve done!
Y: Go on, tell me!
X: You’ll be thrilled! I’ve read a book!
Y: Wow, you’ve read a book, what a sensation. I don’t know what to say! You’ve certainly read a love story or something like that...?
X: No, it wasn’t a love story.
It was even a very big and interesting book...
Y: You are joking- a big book could never be interesting!
X: Are you sure? Well... haven’t you ever asked you how the universe, the world, and the mankind came into existence? Why we are still here, what’s the size of the Earth and how we can measure it...?
Y: ... Of course...When I was a teenager, I always asked me questions like that (you must know that at those time, I loved thinking about God and the world)-but now, I’ve given it up, because in any cause, I never found a persuading answer...
X: If that’s the case, I can help you!
The book I’ve read tries to answer all those questions!
Y: Really? Tell me more about it!!
X: Well...it’s a book about the universe, life, the world, science and the evolution of mankind. When you’re reading it, it’s like a voyage across the space and the time.
Y: A voyage across the space and the time?!
X: Yeah, exactly! You know, everything begins at the Big Bang and his suites. When you are arrived at the end of the book, you’ve get to know personalities like Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin and other funny people. But you also know much more about science, geology, physics and all those fields of knowledge, who normally are very boring. And don’t forget all those curious details about some discoveries and inventions...
Y: Hm... that seems to be a very good book... but isn’t it to complicated for people like me and you? You know that I’m not a great reader...
X: Well, I must admit that sometimes, there are very boring passages and complex ideas who are difficult to understand-in particular for laymen. But all told, I think that the writer has done his best to make the reader understand everything! And it isn’t a real “fact book” but rather a mixture of humour and knowledge and-
Y: -sorry that I interrupt you, but I have to go now: the bookshops close at 6 PM and I think I’m going to buy this book still today!
X: A very good decision! You will love it- and you’ll be much more clever as before!
Y: When you [(wenn du es sagst!)-wie kann man das auf englisch sagen?]
X: Okay, bye!
Y: Bye!... Oh well, you haven’t told me how this fantastic book is called and who wrote it?
X: Oh, sorry! I’ve almost forget it! The writer is Bill Bryson and the title of the novel is
“A Short History of Nearly Everything”

DANKE!!!!!!!!!

Antworten