How to deal with English grammar.
Antworten
Mirjamslae
Bilingual Newbie

Korrektur eines Briefes

Beitrag von Mirjamslae »

Ich wäre froh, wenn mir dies jemand korrigieren könnte

Dear Sirs of the Council

As you know I was hired to sail a steamer up the river to the inner station., but I have had great difficulty carrying out my mission. Indeed I believe that there is something wrong here. The steamer which I have to take over had been sunk. When we raised her from the river I realised the damage. It is considerable. I will repair her as soon as possible but for this I need rivets. I asked the agent, he works with the manager here in the Central station, but he knew nothing about rivets.
One evening a hut went on fire. I saw the manager with an the agent. He said to him: „Take advantage of this accident.“ Do you know what he meant with that?
About Mr.Kurtz I don`t know much. From the agent I heard that all station managers could make a lot of money out of ivory. Mr Kurtz is one of them, he`s the chief of the inner station. He will be a great man here thinks the agent. He, the young agent, wants a station of his own and make a lot of money. Like(schon erwähnt..) I asked him about rivets. I thought he would get some for me but that isn`t so. He only obeys the manager`s orders.
I know a bit about the relation between the agent and Mr Kurtz. They are business men and competitors. The agent don`t want that Mr. Kurtz arrive soon, he and the manager can be threatened by him.

So, even though I do not know for sertain what th emanager and the agent plan to do with regard to Mr Kurtz, my interpretation of the facts is certainly not improbable. I beg you take all the necessary action to discover the truth of the situation.

Antworten