Please check my english essay

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
JeriJordan
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: English

Please check my english essay

Beitrag von JeriJordan »

Hello guys,
I wrote an essay about myself, so I' would be happy if someone correct my paper.
Me.
So many times in my life I have promised myself that I will be a successful and genuine person. Becoming this kind of human being isn’t something I can achieve overnight. To reach this dream, I have specific actions and resolutions to use to benefit me for the rest of my life. Learning to love myself is the most important goal of mine to fulfill my dream of happiness. Also, I need to put down technology, so I can enjoy the moments in front of me. Lastly, I want to travel and experience the world while I am still in good health and young. Although I have a long way to go, I believe these specific goals will help me to develop into a happier and successful person.  
If I want to love others wholeheartedly, I need to learn to accept and love myself. To begin the journey of a more content lifestyle, I have to be able to be happy with myself. Science shows that by learning to accept flaws, individuals are proven to not only have “a happier lifestyle,” but “more encouragement to reach goals” (Holmes). This is important to me because I believe in order to be a successful person, I need to achieve the goals I have for myself. Even though I recognize that I need to be not as hard on myself, certain steps need to be followed to achieve this. Some examples of actions to complete this goal are “begin your day with love” (Marshall). Occasionally, if I have a rough morning or a bad night, I let that affect me for the entire day. This is extremely unhealthy and an unnecessary way to treat myself. I find that I put myself down for the way I look or act. To avoid this bad habit, I need to take time each day to understand that I am beautiful and unique. By doing this, I am changing my mindset from negative thoughts to positive thoughts. Nobody else in the world is like me, and I need to appreciate my flattering and special qualities instead of focusing on the not as flattering ones. Another aspect of being able to fully love myself, is to also learn to forgive myself. If I treat someone poorly, I tend to feel guilty afterwards. Similarly, I let how I feel affect the rest of my day. Nobody in this life is perfect. I have always striven for perfection, for as long as I can remember. So, by making a mistake I am showing that I am imperfect. This is an example of how I need to forgive myself. I set expectations that are unable to be reached. By starting to forgive myself, I am eliminating any source of feeling guilty over my imperfections. 
Along with accepting myself, I need to live in the moment by putting down my technology. The only possible way I can achieve this is by putting down my phone, turning off the TV, and putting away my laptop for over three hours, once a week. I often turn down spending time with friends because my favorite television show is on. Or, if I am spending time with a friend, I spend the time on my phone instead of enjoying the presence of my peer. Students at the University of Maryland experimented what a day without technology is like. I found myself relating to a student who described his dependency on technology as “sickening.” Furthermore, students explained that without technology they felt “empty and lonely” (Moeller). This doesn’t only scares me, but frustrates me, that society has pushed new technology on American’s to the point of addiction. Although I know that turning off technology is going to cause me to feel lonely and empty, I need to get into a habit of not relying my gadgets so often in order to appreciate the life I have without technology. I need to fight through those feelings to reach the advantages of being unplugged. Students who followed this experiment explained that they “spent more time on their coursework” and “focused more in class,” along with being, “less distracted while studying” (Moeller). This is important to me because I am constantly striving for the best grades and scores. 
Additionally to loving myself and living in the moment, I need to embrace the world around me and lifestyles compared to the life I have. I believe that to be a successful individual, I need to be around other cultures and people. Traveling has multiple benefits to people. By visiting new places, I expand my “knowledge and widens our perspective” (Bernier). Since I am such a picky eater, exploring new areas would force me to try new foods and meet new people. Importantly, when I travel, I want to be exposed to living in the moment and taking in all the beautiful places and understanding other people’s life. 
Ultimately, I always wanted myself to be a successful and genuine person for the rest of my life. Transforming into this individual is not something I can do overnight. To achieve my dream, I have specific actions and resolutions I can use to benefit myself. Learning to love myself is the key factor in reaching this dream. Similarly, seeing how unstressful my life would be if I put down technology and took time to enjoy the people around me would be an important factor to being successful and genuine.  Finally, I want to travel and experience the world, so I can expand my knowledge and become more down to earth. Although I need to push myself and work hard to accomplish these goals to achieve my dream, I believe by doing so, I will develop into a happier and successful person.
References & Sources:

Antworten