Hello, hello!!!!

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Eiba
Bilingual Newbie

Hello, hello!!!!

Beitrag von Eiba »

Hello,

I`am Conny from NRW. I´am forty years old and I have learned english in my schooltime. Last year I made a second development and now I´am looking for a new job. But it is difficult because my english is not so good.

I hope I can find nice people here and learn something. :wink:

Please improve my writings if you can. :freu:

Conny

mimarinX
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von mimarinX »

Hey Conny.
I'm 36 years old. So my schooltime is nearly as long ago as yours..... :jo:
My English is for sure not the best, but I like writing in English, because I think it'll get better and better every time....
So you need to improve your English for your new job?? May I ask what profession that is?
And by the way.... you either write I am or I'm,
but never I' am...
I'm originally from Osnabrueck, Lower Saxony, but I live and work in Norway now. Norwegians don't dubb the movies, and that's a very good thing. Since I watch all movies in English with subtitles my skills to understand spoken English improved a lot.
So, would be nice to hear from you again.
byebye
mimarinX
:bye:
Jede Dummheit findet Einen der sie begeht.....

Eiba
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Eiba »

Hello mimarinX.

Thanks for the correction !!!!!! :tup:

My second profession is "Businesswoman for the industry" (Industriekauffrau). Is it the correct translation ? I don´t know.

My first profession was in a laboratorium. I have learned to produced lacquers. Later I have made the savety data sheets and other documents for the lacquers. And now I want to combine this two areas.
But without english?!?!

The idea with the movies in english is great. Sometimes I watch documetary films on BBC. But without subtitles it is very dificult. Several speakers speak very fast and inarticulat.

What is your profession? And what have moved you to go to Norway?

bye
Eiba

mimarinX
Topic Talker

Beitrag von mimarinX »

Hello Eiba.

If you need a translation for a special word I recommend LEO online dictionary
http://www.dict.leo.org
for "industriekauffrau" it says "industrial sales representative"

And I had problems to understand English without subtitles at the beginning, too. Just continue... it's getting better and better by and by. :jo:

I'm a nurse. And I always wanted to work in a foreign country. So, at my 30th birthday I suddenly realised, that I have to do it NOW, if I really want this dream come true.... 'cause it gets harder and harder to get a job the older you become... they won't employ grandmothers... :wink:
And Norway just happened to be the first opportunity that showed up....
My parents were shocked when I told them.. but now they have accepted the fact that their daughter lives 1000 km away. Though they don't like it....

What hobbies do you have?? And may I ask where in NRW you live??

byebye by now
mimarinX

Eiba
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Eiba »

Hey mimarinX

Thank you for the tip. (http://www.dict.leo.org )

Now to the second problem.
I mean documentary films in english language with german subtitles. Sometimes the speaker speak and speak and speak and I think it must be chinese. But if there are german subtitles I don´t lose the thread.

My hobbies.
I like to read a good book. My favorite authors are Herman Hesse, Tolkin, Marion Zimmer Bradey, Diane Gabeldon and many more.
Then I go in a boulderhall with my dougther sometimes. That is good for learning trust to yourself and in other people.
And my favorite hobby in the moment is to make hiketours with a friend in the wood around my home.

My head is smoking now. In the moment it is very hard to write what I am thinking.

bey
Eiba

mimarinX
Topic Talker

Beitrag von mimarinX »

Hello Eiba.

To the documentary..... but isn't it difficult to consentrate on the spoken English while you are busy with reading German???
I started watching movies in English with English subtitles, that I had already seen in German , so I could really focus on the English language....

I like reading, too...... since you mentioned Tolkien and Zimmer-Bradley I assume you are a fantasy fan..... mee too ... :freu:
and I like science fiction
unfortunately I don't have much time for reading at the moment.... but the winter has just begun and I'm looking forward to long, cold night's in front of my fireplace with a cup of tea and a good book..... read a lot in English, because it is difficult to get German books here.

Then I go in a boulderhall
??? do you mean rock climbing??? Would be a climbing hall then.... and you go to.. not in..
I do archery as a hobby. And I like hiking, too.... Norway is the perfect place for a march in the wilderness... :D
And I like to go fishing.....

Best wishes and bye for now...
mimarinX

Eiba
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Eiba »

Hello mimarinx.

It is difficult to listen and read but sometimes I can not follow the spoken text.

English spoken movies with english subtitles ????
I hear from that first time. Till now I thought the subtitle where in an other language then the spoken text. :?

Yes I´m a fantastic fan :jo:
I like to go with the figures in the book in a magic world so different from reality.
Then I go in a boulderhall
Oh, I have thought boulderhall was an english word. :mrgreen:

Natural I go to a climbing hall. not into. That is to difficult for me.

Archery is very interesting. In my last holydays in Turkey I have tested it. After that my arms are longer than before.

OK
Bye for now.
Eiba

mimarinX
Topic Talker

Beitrag von mimarinX »

Hello Eiba.
Just want to tell you that I'm offline for the next 3 weeks because I'm not at work.
But then I sure have a lot to tell about my holliday.... :D

And now when I think about it, I'm not quite sure if the German DVD's have English subtitles.... I buy nearly all my movies in Norway or great Britain... and they don't dubb... just subtitle them... so they have allways the original English text for the hearing impaired......

That's for now.... hope you have a nice time here..... see you again around Nov. 18th........

Byebye
mimarinX

licorice_lilly
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: german

Beitrag von licorice_lilly »

hi eiba and mimarinX!

i hope you don't mind me jumping into your conversation.... i'm in NRW (düsseldorf), too and grateful for every chance to talk/write english...

regarding the dvds, i rent german dvds all the time and actually they all provide english subtitles.... and i think movies are probably the best and most fun way to practise a foreign language....

@eiba: let me know where about in nrw you live (if you don't mind me asking)

cheers,
lilly

Antworten