Correction of a Text

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
kathryn
Bilingual Newbie

Correction of a Text

Beitrag von kathryn »

Hi, could someone please read this text and correct it when there are mistakes!??It's really important! Thank you very much!

My SECRET AMBITION – Long way to go!
Like many, my secret ambition is to land one of those positions where I can be blatantly competent and earn a lot of money. I’d like to enjoy success, deference and respect, therefore I’m highly motivated to pursue such a career. However, I know that this ambition is very far from being fulfilled.
It takes much self-confidence and hard work to realize that aim. Moreover, it requires the ability to carry a lot of responsibility and to cope with failure. When you are the manager of a big company for example, you have to make decisions and it’s important to keep cool when you have to face a problem.
However, I’m not sure if I would have the nerve to remain calm, when I get in trouble. Being in a top position may also lead to stress and pressure. In addition, it’s not easy to make friends in a company as a manager since you have special privileges. As you can imagine, this could lead to big jealousy between you and your work-mates. For me, unfortunately, it is very important to have a good relationship to my colleagues and the possibility of being rejected by the others makes me afraid.
Nevertheless, I’m on my way to achieve my ambition and I’m prepared – as far it is possible – to accept the challenge. I’m aware of the fact that it’s a long way to go and that there will be many situations where I’m likely to give up, but I definitely want to try and do my best to reach my aim.

thx, Kathryn

Mel_aus_Neuseeland
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Mel_aus_Neuseeland »

Das ist sehr gut!!! Hardly any mistakes, have just done a few "touch ups" :-)

My SECRET AMBITION – A long way to go!
Like many, my secret ambition is to land one of those positions where I can be blatantly competent and earn a lot of money. I’d like to enjoy success, deference and respect, therefore I’m highly motivated to pursue such a career. However, I know that this ambition is very far from being fulfilled.
It takes much self-confidence and hard work to [strike]realize[/strike] realise (hehehe, only Americans spell it with a "Z" ;-p) that aim. Moreover, it requires the ability to carry a lot of responsibility and to cope with failure. When you are the manager of a big company for example, you have to make decisions and it’s important to keep [your] cool when you have to face a problem.
However, I’m not sure if I would have the nerve to remain calm, when I get in trouble. Being in a top position may also lead to stress and pressure. In addition, it’s not easy to make friends in a company as a manager since you have special privileges. As you can imagine, this could lead to [strike]big [/strike] a lot of jealousy between you and your work-mates. For me, unfortunately, it is very important to have a good relationship[strike] to [/strike] with my colleagues and the possibility of being rejected by the others makes me afraid.
Nevertheless, I’m on my way to achieving my ambition and I’m prepared – as [strike]far it is[/strike] much as possible – to accept the challenge. I’m aware of the fact that it’s a long way to go and that there will be many situations where I’m likely to give up, but I definitely want to try and do my best to reach my aim.

Wow - das ist wunderbar!! :-)

kathryn
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von kathryn »

Danke sehr!!! I’m on my way to achieving... den Fehler hätt ich sicher hundert mal überlesen gg DANKE!

Lg Kathryn

Antworten