Bees - no homework

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
ibri
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: deutsch

Bees - no homework

Beitrag von ibri »

Bees can be found all over the world, more than 20000 bee species exist. Honeybees do honey - I like honey. Albert Einstein thought bees are extremely important to us, as "man would have no more than four years to live", if bees disapeared. Because of collecting nectar from plants, honeybees polinate one third of food we eat. In America, bee-keepers earn money due to travelling around the country. In fact, farmers in America pay fpr bees to visit their farm. They do that, as over the last 35 years the number of bees has been fallen about 75 per cent worldwide. However, nobody can say why. So, why not keep bees yourself?

Correct mistakes and comment on the topic, please. It is no homework.

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Re: Bees - no homework

Beitrag von tiorthan »

ibri hat geschrieben:Bees can be found all over the world, more than 20000 bee species exist. Honeybees make[sub]1[/sub] honey - I like honey. Albert Einstein thought bees are extremely important to us, as "man would have no more than four years to live", if bees disapeared. Because they collect[sub]2[/sub] nectar from plants, honeybees polinate one third of the plants that produce food we eat. In America, beekeepers[sub]3[/sub] earn money by[sub]4[/sub] travelling around the country. In fact, farmers in America pay for bees to visit their farm. They do that, as over the last 35 years the number of bees has fallen by about 75 per cent worldwide. However, nobody can say why. So, why not keep bees yourself?

Correct mistakes and comment on the topic, please. It is no homework.
1 - When you talk about an action that results in an actual physical product of any kind then do is almost certainly wrong.

2 - There would have been other ways to correct this as well.

3 - The word is spelled without a hyphen.

4 - "Due to" is about the same as "because" and as such gives a reason for something. However, their travelling around is not the reason why beekeepers earn money. It is quite the other way round, they travel around because they are payed to do so.

Not only American farmers pay for bees. Beekeepers are payed for just beeing there ;) in most regions of the world.

Some of the factors that influence the decrease of the bee population are quite clear, even though not all may have been discovered.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

Duckduck
Anglo Master
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Kleine Anmerkung der Ente:
tiorthan hat geschrieben:
ibri hat geschrieben:Bees can be found all over the world, more than 20000 bee species exist. Honeybees make[sub]1[/sub] honey - I like honey. Albert Einstein thought bees are extremely important to us, as "man would have no more than four years to live", if bees disappeared. Because they collect[sub]2[/sub] nectar from plants, honeybees polinate one third of the plants that produce food we eat. In America, beekeepers[sub]3[/sub] earn money by[sub]4[/sub] travelling around the country. In fact, farmers in America pay for bees to visit their farm. They do that, as over the last 35 years the number of bees has fallen by about 75 per cent worldwide. However??? inhaltlich nicht ganz klar, denke ich, sollte es nicht eher sowas sein wie: And what makes matters even worse/more problematic/more threatening, nobody can say why. So, why not keep bees yourself?

Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

ibri
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: deutsch

Beitrag von ibri »

All right. My English is not that good. Thank you very much. I have written two other texts. I would also appreaciate, you comment on them, too.

Antworten