Let's speak English here.
Antworten
LarsVegas
Bilingual Newbie

Hi

Beitrag von LarsVegas »

I´m Lars and I´m 26 years old. I live in Soest, it´s between
Dortmund and Paderborn. In August I have started school in
an evening high school for an university certification.

That´s why I´m interested in learning english. My problems are
the time and vocabulary.

Pherhaps there is a learning group near to me or some people are interested to meet for english communication.

mellania
Slow Speller

Beitrag von mellania »

Hi Lars,

what kind of school did you start right now.

I just finshed the "Fachschule Betriebswirtschaft" and now I am allowed to call me a "staatlich gepruefte Betriebswirtin".
The school took three years and I had to go there three times a week in the evenings.
It was sometimes hard, but now I am so happy that I did this school because I learned a lot and I met a lot of nice people there.

The English course was not so difficult. I think you will manage that easily. Our teacher was a native speaker from the USA and it was very interesting.

greetz,
mellania

LarsVegas
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von LarsVegas »

Hey Mellania,

congratulation to your exam :freu: ! I visit school for "abitur". First I did an education as an "IT-Systemkaufm.". Now I´ll visit an university in three years to study psychology. My last girlfriend is a psychology study and she said that a lot of textes and books are in english. Also my english should be better because it could be that english is my "Leistungskurs". There are a lot of words which are without a definition in english like "Leistungskurs" ;o)! My school is every evening from monday till friday. Friday is the hardest evening, if you should drink your first beer and your teacher is asking you in French or History.... I think in future there are some tired evenings and I am in a bad mood! But I know why I visit the school! Now incl. work I have a 70 hours week. During my study time under 20 hours per week.. Where are you from?

Nice weekend and greetz

Lars Vegas

mellania
Slow Speller

Beitrag von mellania »

Hi Lars

I now live in Bad Rothenfelde which is near Osnabrueck. I had to move last year because I got a job in Versmold.

I made my "Abitur" in 1998 and afterwards I made an education as "Kauffrau im Groß- und Außenhandel". In January 2002 I started an English course at Inlingua which was quite a good one. Then in August 2002 I started the "Fachschule Betriebswirtschaft".
Now I enjoy having free every evening and having time for visiting friends :D
But end of this month a new English course starts for me. But it will take time one evening a week only and it will be finished by January...

greetz,
mellania

LarsVegas
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von LarsVegas »

Sorry! I was ill and not at work for a few days. And some days ago someone tilted beer over my Notebook at home. Also I have there no Internet till I will get a new Keyboard. Tonight I have just two hours english lesson. German lesson will not take place. Yesterday I was out during the week like in the good old times... But I think, there is a lot of holiday time (autumnholiday is just in a few weeks). After the autumnholiday I will visit a friend in Manchester. She is theacher on a High School. I will visit her for one week. During this time, I can visit her school. I think that´s a good chance to refresh my english (spec. the times and grammar). Now I´ve to work a little bit :lol:
Nice greets from Soest
Lars

mimarinX
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von mimarinX »

Hey Lars.
There are a lot of words which are without a definition in english like "Leistungskurs"
If you have to look up a special word, than LEO online dictionary is very good. In fact I think it is the best.... at least it helped me a lot.

here the link:

http://dict.leo.org/?lp=ende&lang=en&se ... stungskurs

Hope that this info is of some help to you. Good luck with your study!!
Greetings.

LarsVegas
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von LarsVegas »

Thanks a lot! This online dictionary makes a good impression!

Greetz

Lars

Antworten