Hey everybody - this is Medic-100

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Medic-100
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Hey everybody - this is Medic-100

Beitrag von Medic-100 »

Hey everybody!

Just to introduce myself and to explain why I'm here:

I am Medic-100 and as you can guess I am a medicin student.
Next semester will be my 5th (of unfortunately 12) and I think about how I could improve my englishskills.
I'm very interested in science and I'm member in a scientific group at my university, soon I will publish my first paper :spin:
And thats the way I came back to English - I hated it at school and it was one of my subjects with "bad" grades.
Its not that I don't like the language but I didn't like the way we had to learn it.

So in the next years I have to publish in English and... yes of course the postdocs will help but I want to improve it, because I have to give some talks (or lectures) in English. In semester 10 I want to go to the USA for 3 month because one day I want to do my research in the United States.
I'm a little bit frightened because in this three month (at semester 10) I have to understand all the patients not to hurt them inadvertently because I misunderstood them or my teachers.

I hope that I can exercise here (and of course in my "real life") and that I read this text in a few month or years and laugh about how I stammered and babbled previously.

See you soon in some threads!

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Re: Hey everybody - this is Medic-100

Beitrag von Delfino »

Medic-100 hat geschrieben:Hey everybody!

I'll just say a few words to introduce myself and to explain why I'm here:

I am Medic-100 and as you can guess I am a student of medicine / medical student.
Next semester will be my 5th out of 12 and I think about ways to improve my English skills.
I'm very interested in science and I'm a member in a scientific group at my university,
and
soon I will publish my first paper. :spin:

So this is my reason to come back to English.
I hated it in school and it was one of the subjects I didn't get good grades in.
It's not that I don't like the language but I didn't like the way we had to learn it.

In the next years I will have to publish in English.
And of course my postdocs studies will help too
but I also want to improve it,
because I will have to give some talks or lectures in English.
In my 10th semester I want to go to the USA for 3 month
because I want to do research in the United States someday.
I'm a little bit frightened because during these three month in the 10th semester
I will have to be able to understand all the patients to avoid hurting them inadvertently
because I misunderstood them or my teachers.

I hope that I can exercise here and of course in my "real life" too.
So when I am reading this text in a few month or years I will be laughing about how I stammered and babbled previously.

See you soon in some threads!
Welcome to the forum, Medic-100.

Good luck with your studies.
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

Antworten