I introduce myself, too - emexy says hello!

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
emexy
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

I introduce myself, too - emexy says hello!

Beitrag von emexy »

Hey everyone! :freu:

I'm a 15-years old boy called emexy. I live in a village near to Regensburg. Currently I attend the 10th class, so I prepare me for the final exams.
English isn't my favourite subject, but I don't hate it, too. I registered me in this community to improve and use pracitcal my English. Of course, finding people with interesting stories about their experience is a aspect, too.
I would describe my skills as moderate. Understanding english sentences isn't a big problem. Sometimes I read online newspapers, such as bbc.co.uk. But without searching unknown words in the dictionary, it's very difficult. Fortunately, I often find this words with help of the context.

The biggest problem is, that my English isn't fluently. Though I don't expect it from my school English. The sentence construction, grammar are very hard for me. I hope you help me a little bit at this topic. Tenses have been a hard side of English always.

But the world language isn't only important for the test in two months, because I'm going to begin an apprenticeship in the IT sector. Sadly, most of the interesting and necessary books/helps are written in English. So it will more important to become a more or less good English pupil.

Generally, you hear this unmotivated words often. However, I want to improve my English. (I think I said this ever) Do you have any tips for me?
I would be very glad when you correct my short text.

Regards,
emexy

DanielSingh
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: English

Re: I introduce myself, too - emexy says hello!

Beitrag von DanielSingh »

Hey everyone! :freu:

I'm a 15 year old boy called emexy. I live in a village near Regensburg. Currently I attend year 10, so I am preparing for the final exams.
English isn't my favourite subject, but I don't hate it, either. I registered me here to improve my English, and use it practically. Of course, finding people with interesting stories about their experience is an aspect, too.
I would describe my English skills as reasonable. Understanding english sentences isn't a big problem. Sometimes I read online newspapers, such as bbc.co.uk. But without searching unknown words in the dictionary, I find it very difficult. Fortunately, I often figure out words through context.
The biggest problem is, that my English isn't fluent, although I don't expect it to be from school English. I find the sentence construction, grammar very difficult. I hope you can help me a little bit with this, as I have always found tenses difficult.

But English isn't only important for the test in two months, but also because I'm going to begin an apprenticeship in the IT sector shortly. Sadly, most of the interesting and necessary books/guides are written in English, so it will be more important to become a reasonably good English pupil.

Generally, you hear these unmotivated words often. However, I want to improve my English (I think I said this before). Do you have any tips?
I would be thankful if you correct this short text.

Regards,
emexy

Your English is quite good, i can understand it. However, although some of your phrases make sense, they don't sound right in general usage.

Daniel

Assistenzlehrer
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Assistenzlehrer »

Hallo exemy udn willkommen im Forum
emexy hat geschrieben:Hey everyone! :freu:

I'm a 15-years old boy called emexy. I live in a village near( to) Regensburg. Currently I attend the 10th class, so I'm preparing me myself for the final exams.
English isn't my favourite subject, but I don't hate it,toothough/either. I registered mein this community to improve and usepracitcal my English practically. Of course, finding people with interesting stories about their experience is an aspect, too.
I would describe my skills as moderate/adequate. Understanding English sentences isn't a big problem. Sometimes I read online newspapers, such as bbc.co.uk, but it's very difficult, without searching unknown words in the dictionary . Fortunately, I often figure out this these words with the help of the context.

The biggest problem is, that my English isn't fluently (das betrifft die Meisten), though I don't expect it this from my school English. The sentence construction, grammar are very hard for me. I hope you help me a little bit at this topic (klar , dafür sind wir da ) because tenses have always been a hard side part of English always.

But the world language isn't only important for the test in two months ,but also because I'm going to begin an apprenticeship in the IT sector. Sadly, most of the interesting and necessary books/helps aids or advices are written in English. So it will more important to become a more or less good English pupil. (Sag mir bitte , was?, du mit diesem Satz meinst)

Generally, you often hear this these unmotivated words often. However, I want to improve my English. (I think I said this everbefore) Do you have any tips advices for me? ( tips müsste evtl. auch gehen)
I would be very gladgratefulwhen , if you correct my short text.

Regards,
emexy

In welchem Bundesland lebst du ?
Korrekturfarben : Fehler, Ausdruck, Vorschlag,/Anmerkung

emexy
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von emexy »

Thank you very much, both!

I thought no one would write something to my essay. Just, two corrections within some minutes.

@ Daniel:

You wrote your first post in this board, didn't you? Welcome to englisch-hilfen.de! :freu:

I'm very suprised, that a native speaker understood my mixture of letters. :mrgreen:

Where do you come from? Britain? USA? Somewhere else?

Maybe you can write something about you?

@ Assistenzlehrer

My username is emexy, not exemy. :mrgreen:

I live in South Germany. In Lower Bavaria. A very nice area, with a beautiful scenery.

Greets from Bavaria

emexy

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Beitrag von tiorthan »

emexy hat geschrieben:Thank you very much, both!

I thought no one would write anything[sub]1[/sub] about my essay. But[sub]2[/sub] there were[sub]3[/sub] two corrections within just a few minutes.

@ Daniel:

You wrote your first post in this board, didn't you? Welcome to englisch-hilfen.de! :freu:

I'm very suprised, that a native speaker understood my mixture of letters. :mrgreen:

Where do you come from? Britain? The[sub]4[/sub] USA? Somewhere else?

Maybe you can write something about yourself?

@ Assistenzlehrer

My username is emexy, not exemy. :mrgreen:

I live in South Germany. In Lower Bavaria, a very nice area, with a beautiful scenery.

Greets from Bavaria

emexy
1 - Some und Any sind immer schwer zu erklären, ich versuche es mal so: Wenn niemand etwas macht, dann kann dabei nicht "something" herauskommen, dann dann würde etwas da sein, obwohl niemand etwas gemacht hat.

2 - Mit "just" würdest du dich darüber beschweren, dass nur zwei Antworten gekommen sind.

3 - Jeder Satz braucht ein Prädikat.

4 - Die Vereinigten Staaten werden auch auf Englisch immer mit Artikel benutzt.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

emexy
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von emexy »

Jetzt mal kurz auf Deutsch.

@ tiorthan

Danke für deine Korrektur.
Das mit dem any habe ich jetzt einigermaßen verstanden.

Der dritte Satz machte mir schon Probleme, da ich diesen mehr so wollte:
"Und jetzt sind es sogar zwei Korrekturen innerhalb weniger Minuten."

Dachte "just" kann auch für "jetzt" eingesetzt werden, oder ist dafür "now" gebräuchlicher?

Also in etwa: "But now there are two corrections written within just a few minutes" (Könnte jemand drüber schauen?)

Die Sache mit dem "yourself, myself" muss ich mir nochmal genauer ansehen, da ich den Fehler schon öfters gemacht habe.

Duckduck
Anglo Master
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Duckduck »

emexy hat geschrieben:
Das mit dem any habe ich jetzt einigermaßen verstanden.

Hallo emexy!
Es gibt da eine generelle Regel, die zwar Ausnahmen hat, aber trotzdem ganz hilfreich ist:

:watch: "some" und die mit ihm zusammengesetzten Wörter (somewhere, somebody, something etc.) verwendest Du in bejahten (= positiven) Aussagesätzen.
I have some friends in England.

:watch: "any" und die mit ihm zusammengesetzten Wörter (anywhere, anybody, anything etc.) verwendest Du in Fragen und Verneinungen (= negative Aussagesätze).
Have you got any friends in France?
No, I haven't got any friends in France.

-> Dein Satz oben war eine Verneinung, also "any".

:watch: Ausnahmen:
Wenn Du eine Frage stellst, auf die Du eine positive Antwort (= Ja!) erwartest, verwendest Du auch "some".
Could I have some more wine, please?

"Any" kann auch in positiven Aussagesätzen vorkommen, wenn diese inhaltlich eigentlich einer Verneinung gleichkommen.
I've never seen anyone so beautiful and stupid before.

Allerdings möchte ich gerne noch eine weitere stilistische Anmerkung zu dem Satz machen:
I thought no one would write anything about my essay.
Im Englischen tragen Wörter wie "think", die also eine Meinung, eine Haltung ausdrücken, die Verneinung. Anders als im Deutschen, wo wir den folgenden Satz bilden würden:
"Ich glaubte, dass keiner antworten würde..."
heißt es im Englischen:
"I didn't think anybody would answer..."

Der dritte Satz machte mir schon Probleme, da ich diesen mehr so wollte:
"Und jetzt sind es sogar zwei Korrekturen innerhalb weniger Minuten."

Dachte "just" kann auch für "jetzt" eingesetzt werden, oder ist dafür "now" gebräuchlicher?
"just" heißt höchstens "gerade", nicht aber "jetzt".
Also in etwa: "But now there are/here we have two corrections (already), written within just a few minutes."
Grüße
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Beitrag von tiorthan »

Allerdings sollte man dazu sagen, dass just nur "gerade eben" heißt und nicht "gerade jetzt". Für letzteres gibt es auf Englisch nämlich die Verlaufsform.

Also: Ich habe gerade mein Auto gewaschen = I've just washed my car.
Aber: Ich wasche gerade mein Auto = I'm washing my car.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

Antworten