Let's speak English here.
Antworten
smile
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: deutsch

just a few words

Beitrag von smile »

Hi there,

I just thought it's a pitty that I don't have any opportunity to improve my english abilities. I mean, apart from the fact that I'm attending a vhs course, there is no one I can talk to or write :( . But there's also a little hope. My son learns english at school and he just loves it. So maybe in a few years we can have a nice chat with each other.

I there anybody out there :question:

smile

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: just a few words

Beitrag von Keswick »

smile hat geschrieben:Hi there,

I just thought it's a pitty that I don't have any opportunity to improve my English abilities. I mean, apart from the fact that I'm attending a vhs course, there is no one I can talk or write to :( . But there's also some hope. My son learns English at school and he just loves it. So maybe in a few years time we can have a nice chat with each other.

Is there anybody out there:question:

smile

Hi there smile,

There is always someone you can talk to. Just look at the world wide web. You can talk to people from all over the world, send them e-mails in English or simply register on a forum to talk to other people. ;)
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Duckduck
Anglo Master
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Hi smile,

Keswick is right, there are loads and loads of wonderful people who love English! Must be! What about reading English books and watching English films on DVD? And why don't you ask one or two people from your English class whether they would like to meet once a week for a cuppa and talking English? There are bound to be some really nice people in the course who would enjoy that! And, of course, you are welcome to read and write here, ask questions or make corrections... :big_thumb:

Oh, and by the way, there was another little Oops in your posting:
I just thought it's a pitty that I don't have
:prost:
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

smile
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: deutsch

Beitrag von smile »

Hi Keswick and Duckduck

thank you for your answers. You're so right with it. I like watching English films and I read lots of English books. It helped a lot to improve my English. But to be honest, most of the people in my courses are just there because their bosses send them. :out:
I know that, because I asked them a few times. Maybe that's because it's just vhs. Language schools are far too expensive!

It's a pity that I'm not allowed to speak English at my job. I'm in civil service, you know. There is something with the law that al the statements we make have to be in German. The official language has to be German.

Greetings from smile:)

Antworten