Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Nia
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Back again

Beitrag von Nia »

Hey folks!

I spend a phantastic holiday week on my motorbike. I made 1500 km in 5 days, starting in germany, across austria and switzerland to italy, and back home.

In front of a traffic light I met a motorcyclist who was on holidays too. He was from Sidney and said, he spends his holidays every year with picking up a motorbike and riding through austria and its vicinity. The reason he gave was, that in australia everthing is wider, not so compact. Motorcycling across austria makes more fun.

It was a great week, but it was not qualified for relaxing. Parts of my body startet acing, I even didn't know I have. Never the less it was great fun.

Hope I got you envious.

Never mind correcting my sentences.
The knack to fly lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
D. Adams

gawompel
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von gawompel »

Hi Nia ....that's really great!!!! :freu:

Nia
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von Nia »

:big_thumb: gawompel

That brings me up to a question.
Are there any other motorcyclist in here but me?
D. Adams

Nia
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von Nia »

What? Am I the only insane in here (in this regard)?
Or is it the wrong thread?
D. Adams

Nia
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von Nia »

No response?!

Call me "freak".
D. Adams

mellania
Slow Speller

Beitrag von mellania »

Hi Nia,

No you are not the only motorcyclist.
I got my drivers license for my motorbike 9 weeks ago and now I use every free minute to use it.

By the way I am Melanie, I am 27 years old and I live near Osnabrueck.

greetz,
mellania

Nia
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von Nia »

Hey fellow!

I don't know whether I mentioned or not, I'm femal too and 21 years old. I got my first license with 16.

What motorbike do you have? Is it curbed ('gedrosselt')?
D. Adams

mellania
Slow Speller

Beitrag von mellania »

My motorbike is a Suzuki GS 500 E with 46 PS. It is not curbed as I made my licence end of June and I am older than 25 so I was allowed to get "A direkt".
My boyfriend drives motorbike since 1993 and for six years I drove with him. This year I finished evening school and now I use every free minute for driving my motorbike (when the weather is as good as it is at the moment)

What kind of motorbike do you have?

greetz,
mellania

Nia
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von Nia »

I have a 'Honda Hornet 600' (98 PS). Before it I had a 'Yamaha XV 535', an US-import with a speedo in miles per hour, the sound was great. My present bike is quite muted, so I call it 'sneaker' and 'cause the license plate number has a 'SN' in it.

I adore riding motorbike. Great feeling. Althoug I don't like "enge Kurven" (narrow curves?).
Unfortunately I can only drive during the weekend, but the anticipation is so much bigger (soll "umso größer" heißen).

Hope there'll be some more nice days this year.
D. Adams

mellania
Slow Speller

Beitrag von mellania »

a friend of mine also drove a Hornet but now he has two children and built a house so he sold his motorbike. My boyfriend has a Yamaha XJ 600 but he doesn't like it really. He plans to buy another one.
Fortunately I have much time to ride my motorbike as I work from 6 to 15 o'clock :D
But the petrol cost so much that I sometimes better stay at home.... :cry:

It is planned that I ride the Suzi the next four years and then I will get a bigger one (perhaps)
The reason why I have this motorbike is that my boyfriend drove such a bike when he started and after I told him that I started to make my license he bought the motorbike for me.

Nia
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von Nia »

I decided buying this bike too, but I prefered a cruiser, at first.
Then I wanted a bigger one and switched to a naked-bike. Now I'm really glad to have it.
There was a decision to make between the hornet and the Kawasaki Z 750 and the honda-monger submited the better offer.
I already know my next bike, however I hope it'll take some time. That one will be a Ducati Monster, the sound is great. I love motorbikes with a deep sound.
D. Adams

mellania
Slow Speller

Beitrag von mellania »

I drove the Kawasaki during my driving lessons, it was quite good.
My next bike will probably be a Suzuki Bandit which I like very much. But even Honda CBR is okay. But that depends on the money....

Perhaps I will go to a biker meeting this evening. Unfortunately I do not know how to get there so I have to go with friends of mine. But I do not know yet if they want to go there today.

do you normally drive alone or with friends?

greetz,
Melanie

Nia
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von Nia »

I normally drive with my father. There arn't any friends of mine driving motorbikes. I'm the only freak in my age I do know.

I thought about bying the bandit too, but the one I drove for test drive had a "Teilverkleidung". I couldn't come to grips with that.

I do like "Motorradtreffen", especially the "Ausfahrten". It's so great seeing only motorbikes infront and behind you, as far as you can see.

CBR? It's more a sportbike, isn't it?

--

P.S. I couldn't find a fitting translation for the words in "" .
D. Adams

mellania
Slow Speller

Beitrag von mellania »

Hey,
if you would like to meet other bikers have a look on
http://www.motorradonline24.de
http://forum.motorrad-zeit.de

there you can meet nice people. Tonight I will meet some bikers which I got to know by the internet....

Where do you come from? If it is not too far from me we could also drive together....

The CBR is s sportbike, that's correct....

greetz
Melanie

Nia
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von Nia »

No, Osnabrück is not close-by (340 km), I'm afraid. But thanks for the links.
There is every year a big "Motorradtreffen" nearby my hometown. For they rearrange the website right now, there aren't any photos online at present.
My father and I started visiting motorbike races last year. This year was the second one. That's great fun. Not the races in particular, but driving there and spending time on the racetrack (not on the lane itselfe :wink:). I don't think that races are interesting ("also ich halte sie nicht für so sonderlich interessant, dass ich extra deswegen irgendwo hin fahren müsste"), but the surrounding ("Drumherum") is marvelous.
D. Adams

Antworten