It'sa me, Mario!

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
$pidermonkey
Frequent Typer

It'sa me, Mario!

Beitrag von $pidermonkey »

Hello, my name is Mario, I'm 19 years old and I'm new here.
I'm from Bottrop in NRW. At the moment, I'm in the 13th class, I'm going to attempt to get my Abitur next year. After school, I would like to study English and Linguistics in the UK. I'm going to send my application to UCAS in September.
My hobbies are music, literature, history and linguistics.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. :wink:
Otherwise, see you somewhere on this board.
Du bist Herr deiner Worte, doch, einmal gesprochen, beherrschen sie dich.

$pidermonkey
Frequent Typer

Thank you very much. We've already met under, let's say more problematic circumstances. I hope here I can find some people that are really interested in learning a language rather than just getting their homework done and forgetting about it afterwards.

$pidermonkey
Frequent Typer

Jeffie hat geschrieben:Hey Mario,

just wanna say Hello. I'm 15 years old and am gonna be a 10th grader in September. I'd like to study in the USA. Why do you wanna study in the UK? Have you ever been there? I've never been there.

Jeffie :jo: [/strike]
Hey Jeffie, nice to meet you.

First of all, good luck in your endeavour. Studying abroad should be a fantastic and unforgetable experience.
I'd like to study in Britain because I'd like to speak English perfectly, and where can you learn a language better than in the country it is used in.
Additionally, there were several more reasons. In Germany, I'd have to get my "Latinum" in order to be allowed to study English, which would be a very expensive and difficult thing to do.
Furthermore, I think the university situation is much better in the UK than in Germany. There are less students in a lecture, there is a more personal atmosphere and the organisation is probably better, because Germany is currently changing its system, so there might be some confusion.

And yes, I have been to the UK twice, two weeks in all. I really liked it and I'm looking forward to speaking English all day. :D

Antworten