Merry Christmas!

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten
choccy_hobnob
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: English

Merry Christmas!

Beitrag von choccy_hobnob »

Hello! I just wanted to wish a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the intrepid English learners of this world (well, this forum, at least)! :freu:

I hope your Christmases are happy and filled with family, friends and fun. And white... but not too white! ;) And I'm sure you'll all set a few hours aside after Christmas dinner to studiously pour over your English textbooks, hmmmmm? :lol:

Happy Chrimbo!
c_h
:prost:
Ich würde mich sehr darüber freuen, wenn ihr mich auf alle Deutschfehler aufmerksam machen würdet!

choccy_hobnob
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: English

Re: Merry Christmas!

Beitrag von choccy_hobnob »

Oh God, how embarrassing - that should obviously read "PORE over your English textbooks"! Naturally, I do not condone the pouring of any liquids (alcoholic or otherwise!) over one's textbooks.

Sorry! I blame the Buck's Fizz. Hic. :prost:
Ich würde mich sehr darüber freuen, wenn ihr mich auf alle Deutschfehler aufmerksam machen würdet!

joy
Story Teller
Muttersprache: deutsch

Beitrag von joy »

Hello Choccy and everybody

I think some of us were forced to shovel snow instead of studiously PORING over their English textbooks. So was I, and it is still snowing and snowing and snowing in Switzerland, but I couldn't help having a look at hilfen.de. Thank you for your nice wishes.
I also wish a merry Christmas to all English fans, and whether you are helpers or learners, have success with your English reading matters or whatever!
:freu:
Happy Chrimbo! (Ein neues Wort gelernt)
joy

Liebe Grüsse joy

Pennsylvanian
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: Am. Englisch

Beitrag von Pennsylvanian »

For what it's worth, I probably would have written "pour" as well. It isn't the type of expression that is written out every day. :D

And I hope everyone enjoyed a safe and happy holiday. :prost:
Mind your speech a little lest you should mar your fortunes. - William Shakespeare

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Beitrag von tiorthan »

Belated seasons greetings, have a merry time and a happy new year you guys.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

Antworten