Let's speak English here.
Antworten
hendrik
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

Application

Beitrag von hendrik »

Hi Everyone,

I´m bored with my actual job. So I decided to apply for a new one. Unfortunately(...), the application for the one which sounds really interessting to me needs to be in english. I wrote an application and now I hope someone will have pity on me and correct it:)

So, that´s my proposal:

Dear Mr. *******,

Re : Sales Engineer

I am writing in response to the Sales Engineer position as seen at the advert at *******. Based on my experience so far I am convinced that I will satisfy your requirements.

I have a degree in mechanical engineering with two years experience in one of Germanys leading company for propulsion technology. My particular expertise lies in the area of project management of consulting products for railway applications. As project leader of the development of advanced driver advisory systems I am also familiar with the scope of research and development. I am very passionate about all aspects of engineering and believe I have a unique blend of skills and qualities which make me ideal for the advertised position.

I am creative, ambitious and my cosmopolitan attitude completes my profile.

Please find attached a copy of my Curriculum Vitae for your reference. If you require any further information I can be contacted directly on +49 17********, otherwise I look forward to your reply in due course.

Yours Sincerely,

Dipl.-Ing.

I would be very grateful for any comments...

Hendrik

joy
Story Teller
Muttersprache: deutsch

Re: Application

Beitrag von joy »

hendrik hat geschrieben:Hi Everyone,

I´m bored with my actual job. So I decided to apply for a new one. Unfortunately(...), the application for the one which sounds really interessting to me needs to be in English. I wrote an application and now I hope someone will have pity on me and correct it:)

So, that´s my proposal:

Dear Mr. *******,

Re : Sales Engineer

I am writing in response to the advertised position of Sales Engineer position as seen at the advert at *******and I would like you to consider my application for that vacancy. Based on my experience so far I am convinced that I will satisfy your requirements.

I have a degree in mechanical engineering with two years' experience in one of the leading Germanys companies for propulsion technology. My particular expertise lies in the area of project management of consulting products for railway applications. As project leader of the development of advanced driver advisory systems I am also familiar with the scope of research and development. I am very passionate about all aspects of engineering and believe I have a unique blend of skills and qualities which make me ideal for the advertised position.

I am creative, ambitious and my cosmopolitan attitude completes my profile.

Please find attached a copy of my Curriculum Vitae for your reference. If you require any further information I can be contacted directly on +49 17********, otherwise I look forward to your reply in due course.

Yours Sincerely,

Dipl.-Ing.

I would be very grateful for any comments...

Hendrik

Liebe Grüsse joy

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Re: Application

Beitrag von Delfino »

Are you sure you got the required English skills to be a Sales Engineer?

I think, such a position requires good technical knowledge and negotiation skills
as well as business and technical English skills at a very high level.

So you shouldn't be too disappointed when you don't get this job.
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

Antworten