Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Chuckle
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Introduce myself

Beitrag von Chuckle »

Hello community,

I'm André, i am sixteen years old and I come from a little village next to the city Lübeck.

I am doing my Abitur (I guess, it's english too) and my favourite subjects are english, german and informatical technology.

Why I am here is to improve my english skills, because I love this language and I enjoy to write and speak it, but in my scool there's the niveau of learning rather bad. So I want to help and learn here and I hope we got a lot of fun.

See ya later =)
Korrekturen ohne Gewähr. / My corrections are supplied without liability.

Keswick
English Legend

Re: Introduce myself

Beitrag von Keswick »

Chuckle hat geschrieben:Hello community,

I'm André, I am sixteen years old and I come from a little village close to the city Lübeck.

I am doing my Abitur (I guess, it's English too) and my favourite subjects are English, German and informatical technology.

The reason why I am here is to improve my English skills, because I love this language and I enjoy writing and speaking it, but in my school the level of learning is rather low. So I want to help and learn here and I hope we will have lots of fun.

See you later =)

Welcome to the forum Andre!

The British equivalent of the German Abitur are the A-levels.

What exactely is informatical technology? I have never heard of it so can you explain it to someone who's school years were in the distant past?

And what do you think is the reason for the low level of learning at your school?
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Chuckle
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Chuckle »

Keswick hat geschrieben:

Welcome to the forum Andre!

The British equivalent of the German Abitur are the A-levels.

What exactely is informatical technology? I have never heard of it so can you explain it to someone who's school years were in the distant past?

And what do you think is the reason for the low level of learning at your school?
Hey,

thanks for correcting my text. I thought "low" is the wrong word to express it.

The reason for the low level at my school seems to be the mass of migrants in my class. They already have problems with the german language and I guess to learn english (third language) plus france/spain (fourth language) is really hard for them.

The subject "informatical technology" is about everything in the range of computers, like programming, hardware knowledge and so on.

If you want to have more informations, just ask me.

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Chuckle hat geschrieben:Hey,

thanks for correcting my text. I thought "low" is the wrong word to express it.

The reason for the low level at my school seems to be the mass of migrants in my class. They already have problems with the German language and I guess learning English (third language) plus French/Spanish (fourth language) is really hard for them.

The subject "information technology" is about everything in the range of computers, like programming, hardware knowledge and so on.

If you want to have more information, just ask me.

You mean IT, don't you? That's Information Technology though, not informatical technology.

I know lots of people who learned a number of foreign languages and they did not struggle, so not speaking German as your first language doesn't automatically mean that you can't cope with learning a second or third or even fourth language. Is you teacher teaching English in German or in English?

Chuckle
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Chuckle »

Keswick hat geschrieben:
You mean IT, don't you? That's Information Technology though, not informatical technology.

I know lots of people who learned a number of foreign languages and they did not struggle, so not speaking German as your first language doesn't automatically mean that you can't cope with learning a second or third or even fourth language. Is you teacher teaching English in German or in English?
Oh. Okay. What a stupid mistake! In my eyes our migrants are just too lazy. They bet at begin of the year, that they pass one year without doing their homeworks. What shall I think about people like this?

The lessons are okay, but it's not that niveau, what I have expected on the eleventh class.

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Chuckle hat geschrieben:Oh. Okay. What a stupid mistake! In my eyes our migrants are just too lazy. They bet at begin of the year, that they pass one year without doing their homeworks. What should I think about people like this?

The lessons are okay, but it's not that level, what I have expected in grade eleven.

I see what you mean, Andre, still I wouldn't limit this phenomenon down to migrants. Some people are just born idle and that's got nothing to do with their nationality.

Chuckle
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Chuckle »

Keswick hat geschrieben:
I see what you mean, Andre, still I wouldn't limit this phenomenon down to migrants. Some people are just born idle and that's got nothing to do with their nationality.
I see the point, but they are the main reason for our bad common. What is the reason for your nice English skill? Do you live in England?

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

What do you mean with "bad common" ?

Oh thanks :) . Yes, I live in England and have been living here for quite some time.

Chuckle
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Chuckle »

Keswick hat geschrieben:What do you mean with "bad common" ?

Oh thanks :) . Yes, I live in England and have been living here for quite some time.
The common (= Durchschnitt?) in our class totals on 2-5 points (except my best friend and me).

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Oh right, the word you are looking for is "average" not common. Common means "gewoehnlich".

Chuckle
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Chuckle »

Keswick hat geschrieben:Oh right, the word you are looking for is "average" not common. Common means "gewoehnlich".
Ah okay. Fine, thanks. After I asked for my rights for correcting texts, I hope I can help the people with my skills =)

Antworten