Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Chloe
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: Russisch

A Place for Learning

Beitrag von Chloe »

Hello,
could you help me please to choose a place for learning? I'd like to improve my English and I'm going to do it in England. There are many places, where I can do it, for example, South/North Wales, Cornwall, Manchester, Devon, Lake District, Nottingham, Birmingham, Isle of Wight, Norwich, Liverpool, Newcastle, Bedfordshire, Somerset, York, Portsmouth, Southampton. Have you ever been there? Could you advise me one of it?

Thank you a lot!

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Re: A Place for Learning

Beitrag von Delfino »

Chloe hat geschrieben:Hello,
could you please help me to choose a place for learning English?
I'd like to improve my English and I'm going to do it in England.
There are so many places, where I can do it, for example:

South/North Wales, Cornwall, Manchester, Devon, Lake District, Nottingham, Birmingham, Isle of Wight, Norwich, Liverpool, Newcastle, Bedfordshire, Somerset, York, Portsmouth, Southampton.

Have you ever been there? I'm still here in the UK. :D
Could you recommend me one of them?

Thank you a lot!
Our forum rules prevent the direct recommendation of products or services from companies.

The first thing you should do is access your skills and needs (pronunciation, grammar, Business vocabulary, Technical ... ).
Try to create a list of your aims and objectives. What do you want to achieve?
How long you could stay over here and how much money could you spend. Beware the varying exchange rates...

Accommodation is much more expensive than in Germany especially in the center of a city.

Yellow Pages
http://www.yell.com
Zuletzt geändert von Delfino am 13. Jun 2010 16:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

caro64
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von caro64 »

Hello Chloe,
I can't tell you about all the places you have listed, but I have been to the Isle of Wight, Cornwall, Devon and I have family in Bedfordshire. I personally would advice you to stay South and not to go to far North because up North they tend to speak with rather strong accents, especially in Birmingham. Isle of Wight is very cosy and rather quiet, I have been there several times and I think it would be a great place to learn English. Devon is also a very nice place, where clear English is spoken. I hope, I could help a little, have lots of fun. Caro

Chloe
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von Chloe »

Chloe
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von Chloe »

Hello Caro,

thank you very much for your tips! There are helpful for me.

Best wishes,
Chloe

Antworten