English exam - any advices?

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten
eeboot
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: Deutsch

English exam - any advices?

Beitrag von eeboot »

Hi,

I am going to apply for a scholarship in asia that is offered by the "Deutsch Akademischer Austauschdienst". Besides good marks a confirmation is required that i owe a good english skill.

I am studying fulltime which means i won't and can't spend the next two weeks with learning vocabulary or refreshing my grammar knowledge. I am busy with a lot of other things when i come home from university.

The test i gonna take is very simple (not the TOEFL). A professor will review my ability to speak, hear, write and read english. I really do not have any clue what the prof. will give me for tasks. Based on my own experience my ability for english strongly depends on the actual topic.

Since my last english lesson is some time ago i would like to ask for some good advices you can give me for a quick refreshing in the evening? I don't have any english books here or anything else for refreshing, but do you have any adives what could be useful to review?

Thanks for help.

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: English exam - any advices?

Beitrag von Keswick »

eeboot hat geschrieben:Hi,

I am going to apply for a scholarship in Asia that is offered by the "Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst". Besides good marks a confirmation about good English skills is required.

I am a full time student which means I won't and can't spend the next two weeks with learning vocabulary or refreshing my grammar knowledge. I am busy with a lot of other things when I come home from university.

The test I will take is very simple (not the TOEFL). A professor will review my ability to speak, hear, write and read English. I really do not have any clue what kind of tasks the professor. Based on my own experience my ability to speak English strongly depends on the actual topic.

Since my last English lesson was some time ago I would like to ask for some good advice on you can give me for a quick refreshing in the evening? I don't have any English books here or anything else for refreshing, but do you have any advice what could be useful to review?

Thanks for your help.
Hi eeboot,
I do not want to come across as the horrible disillusionist and I do understand that you're quite busy with your studies. Still.. I am afraid you won't get far if you do not at least borrow one or two English books from your library. You can watch films, fair enough, but that won't help you with your written English. And two weeks is not really a long time to prepare. Good luck to you, you'll manage!
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Antworten