Letter of Motivation-Korrektur

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
Sarah112
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German

Letter of Motivation-Korrektur

Beitrag von Sarah112 »

Hallo,
ich muss morgen meinen LoM wegschicken und wollte fragen, ob jemand mal darüber lesen könnte?!
Wäre ganz lieb, danke im Vorraus!

LoM:

"Dear Madam or Sir,

With this letter I would like to apply for the XY programme at your university XY, starting March 2010.
I just graduated from high school (XY) with an average grade of 2.1 (on a scale of 1-6, 1 being the best). My major subjects were German, Mathematics, English, Spanish and History.

Since I was a little child, I dreamed of working in a hotel. My family and I travelled a lot to foreign countries and I, consequently, got to know different hotel groups.
In my opinion, service is one of the most important parts in the hotel business. Unfortunately, I experienced that many groups have shortcomings in this section. This is something I would like to avoid in my future career, so that every guest can be as comfortable as possible during his stay at the hotel.
Working in the hotel industry is a dream job for me and I think with my friendliness, my openness to experience, my flexibility, and my reliability, I would perfectly fit in this exciting business. Besides, I love meeting new people, overcoming challenges, taking responsibility and I feel comfortable both working within a team and on individual tasks.

I am interested in different cultures and would therefore love to get the chance to work around the world as I think it is fascinating to get to know different people.
The internationalism of the XY university is one of the reasons why I am anxious to study there.
Since an Open Campus Day last year, when I became acquainted with the location, the people and the provided offers, I am sure that I absolutely want to be a student at your university. I was taken with the friendliness of both professors and students, the appropriate sizes of classes and the great basis for a good career.

During the last weeks I organized our prom and graduation night at school which helped me to gain some experience in event management.
Furthermore, I took lessons in psychology in school because I am interested in people’s thoughts, as well as people in general, and I love to help them no matter what. That’s why I was also a mentor for a class at my school and enjoyed spending time with them. During a social practical course at my school I also learned to listen to people’s problems in a senior citizen center.

With German as my native language, English and Spanish as my major subjects in school and a basic knowledge in French, I would be able to communicate with almost every guest.

For getting an insight and gaining work experience in the hotel trade, I will be working for two months as a trainee at the XY Resort in XY.
I thereby wish to improve my English skills, to get to know the Asian area and to become acquainted with the hotel workaday life.

A place at your university is of great interest to me and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you very much for considering my request.

Yours sincerely,
XY

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Letter of Motivation-Korrektur

Beitrag von Keswick »

Das naechste Mal unbedingt frueher posten! Es ist nicht immer jemand sofort verfuegbar!
Sarah112 hat geschrieben: "Dear Madam or Sir,

With this letter I would like to apply for the XY programme at your university XY, starting March 2010.
I just graduated from high school (XY) with an average grade of 2.1 (on a scale of 1-6, 1 being the best). My major subjects were German, Mathematics, English, Spanish and History.

Since I was a little child, I dreamed of working in a hotel. My family and I travelled a lot to foreign countries and I, consequently, got to know different hotel groups.
In my opinion, service is one of the most important parts in the hotel business. Unfortunately, I experienced that many groups have shortcomings in this section. This is something I would like to avoid in my future career, so that every guest can be as comfortable as possible during their stay at the hotel.
Working in the hotel industry is a dream job for me and I think with my friendliness, my openness to experience, my flexibility, and my reliability, I would perfectly fit in this exciting business. Besides, I love meeting new people, overcoming challenges, taking responsibility and I feel comfortable both working within a team and on individual tasks.

I am interested in different cultures and would therefore love to get the chance to work around the world as I think it is fascinating to get to know different people.
The internationalism of the XY university is one of the reasons why I am anxious to study there.
Since an Open Campus Day last year, when I became acquainted with the location, the people and the provided offers, I have been sure that I absolutely want to be a student at your university. I was taken with the friendliness of both professors and students, the appropriate sizes of classes and the great basis for a good career.

During the last weeks I organized our prom and graduation night at school which helped me to gain some experience in event management.
Furthermore, I took lessons in psychology in school because I am interested in people’s thoughts, as well as people in general, and I love to help them no matter what. That’s why I was also a mentor for a class at my school and enjoyed spending time with them. During a social practical course at my school I also learned to listen to people’s problems in a senior citizen center.

With German as my native language, English and Spanish as my major subjects in school and a basic knowledge in French, I would be able to communicate with almost every guest.

For getting an insight and gaining work experience in the hotel trade, I will be working as a trainee at the XY Resort in XY for two months.
I thereby wish to improve my English skills, to get to know the Asian area and to become acquainted with the hotel workday life.

A place at your university is of great interest to me and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you very much for considering my request.

Yours sincerely,
XY
Viel Glueck!
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

pinpon
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Französich

Re: Letter of Motivation-Korrektur

Beitrag von pinpon »

Hi,

Hier noch das gleiche Problem.
Es wäre sehr nett, wenn jemand meine Motivation
Brief lesen und korrigieren könnte.

Vielen Dank im voraus für ihre Hilfe.

Grüße

Alex
Pinpon, für sein Motivationsschreiben, hat geschrieben: Dear Thesis-Committee,

As a new M. Sc. in ____ (with a focus on "Autonomous Robots"), I received and read with a particular interest from the mailing list “_____” your ad. My goal is to take the next step and to do a PhD in the AI field, particular in distributed and cognitive robotics.

I had always been a keen interest in artificial intelligence. Develop, understand, extend and implement (new) algorithms are for me the most fascinating tasks of Artificial Intelligence. I specialize therefore to "Autonomous Robotics" during my studies. In the context of studying, I was constantly busy with Machine Learning. I visited the majority AI's lectures of my faculty. The last project of my study (development and construction of a ____) deal in part with the development and implementation of an algorithm for the motion-control of a _____.
Moreover my Master's thesis deal particularly with AI methods, the topic was: "___________". The goal of the work was to analyze the effect of the combination of neuroevolution technique with some exact meta-optimization methods, namely ____ and ____. I test the result of the combinations on two Systems.

The results of the tests doing in my master thesis -implemented evolutionary algorithms have been tested on cooperating agents- has increased my interest in collective intelligence. The study of the formation of collective intelligence, its operation, and especially its evolution is, for me, a fascinating topic. I also like to explore, depending on the environment, how a system of evolutionary collective intelligence could be artificially constructed (_____). The ethical side of this artificial construction must be as well discussed.

I am a quick learner and team-minded. During my activities as student assistant and as master student at the _____ in _____, i learned with fun how to work independently. I would be very happy to take part in the _______ joint Doctoral Program. Apart from the challenge which is the first attraction of this project, this program would also allow me to discover (In term of Academic, culture, … ) simultaneous two European countries.

I will appreciate the opportunity to further discuss my qualifications and the PhD position in more detail.

Sincerely,

________

Antworten